Chapter 6.1

By the side of the lake, there was a woman who was sitting down. Her hair appeared to be casually rolled up in a bun while several strands of hair were flowing loosely in tune of the wind.

The woman seemed detached, her eyes were watching attentively the cat sleeping on her lap peacefully. She was wearing a white dress, embroidered astrantia flowers and no other decorations.

Hongli watched the lady she has been serving for years. Her heart was filled with a lot of questions.

What happened to Lady Yu after she fell into Nan River two years ago?

The lady changed a lot. Although the previous lady's character was calm and collected, she was unreasonable on the inside. Several people in the estate knew, including her about her lady's collected front.

Although intelligent, she was spoiled. And the only thing she seemed to care about was that man.

Her temper also changed, she became very intelligent and gentle? She did not know how to describe it. The lady's current temperament seemed genuinely calm. Oddly calm to be precise.

What baffled everyone was Miss' fondness of cats. She didnt hate them in particular but she seemed indifferent to animals before.

Aside from managing her self made business, she spent most of her time with the furry cat she found in the rain two years ago. It was like having her own child.

Hongli would stare at the pair foolishly. The lady held an aloof gaze over anything but her cat while the feline appeared indifferent to its surroundings aside from his lady mother in return.

The pair genuinely looked straight from a painting.

"Miss! Miss! He came!" A woman's voice interrupted the tranquil scene.

"Now, now. Say it slowly." She carefully woke Xiaoyu from her lap.

"Miss! Prince Chenxing came!"

Miaoyi helplessly smiled as she gently stroked the cat's head.

_______________________________________
Xiǎoyǔ - Little Rain