Chapter 8.1

Chenxing's face remained expressionless but his eyes now flickered with curiosity. He was uncertain of this girl's motives but somehow as he stared into the woman's eyes, it seemed to appear that it no longer held admiration?

Yet, Chenxing was doubtful. He grew up in the palace so he was aware of women's schemes.

Not waiting for the person to respond, Miaoyi continued to talk.

"I do not hate you dage, even after you pushed me into the river. I still even thought you cared for me. After all, you were also the one who saved me from that fall. But dage I have realized that reluctantly holding on to a man who doesn't love you will only make you unhappy. Hence, I sincerely bless you and Lady Yuan from the bottom my heart." Her eyes were full of deep warmth and pleasure, as if the matter has now nothing to do with her.

Chenxing's expression froze. Although she was making her intentions clear, he could not quite determine what she was thinking.

He never once thought to spare a glance at this girl.

"Good. Do not plan to get involve in any kind of way in the future." He made a tough request. Chenxing didn't expect the harsh words to come out of his mouth either. Expecting the girl's teary eyes, he was surprised to see her cherry bright lips form a smile.

"I hoped we could still be friends dage. From now on, treat me as your normal childhood friend. Our relationship will be nothing but that of a brother and sister. Rest assured." Ignoring his frowning eyes, Miaoyi turned to leave.

He didn't feel the slightest bit of ease at her departure. The girl's tear stained face suddenly flashed across his mind. He never intended for her to fall off that boat.

A part of him wanted to apologize but in some way, he couldn't bring himself to.

There he stood by the flowers. Somehow, in the tiniest bit, he vaguely felt that he had suddenly lost something. He turned his head to look at the girl walking away.

She did not even look back.

_______________________________________
Hello. I certainly did not expect people to read RoYM.  This story was an experiment. Regarding an update, it might take a while since I'm currently working on a business paper.

I'd love to get back as soon as possible but Uni is a jealous mistress. Sorry, dont mind me.