Chapter 6

Chapter 6

We bounded up to a large house. There were already people outside who looked to be training and kids playing. When I neared, they all froze and turned to stare at me. Their heated gazes made me shrink back.

Stopping, I tugged on the guy's hand. He turned around, a confused expression on his face. I shook my head, alerting him that I should not go any further. He tugged on my hand and dragged me after him.

He forcefully pulled me into the house and took me to a room. The walls were a deep blue which complemented the black carpet. He gestured for me to sit down in one the chairs in front of a large oak desk that had a laptop open on one side and sheets of paper and files sprawled across the other. There were picture frames dotted all over the front of the desk, facing towards the chair behind it.

He leans against the desk with his arms folded over his chest as he looked at me as though I was a puzzle that needed to be solved.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Amy," I told him.

"I'm Sam. I'm the alpha of this pack. Judging from the look on your face, and the way you reacted earlier, suggests that this is new information to you. How long have you been without a pack?"

"I... I don't know what you're talking about." I answer truthfully. I only had my first shift last month."

"Last month? You must be a late bloomer, but what I can't understand is how you don't know anything about packs or alphas."

"I was turned," I told him, my heart racing with panic. Am I telling him too much?

"Turned? By whom?"

"My mother."

"Your mother didn't have a pack?" He asked. I thought about it for a moment, my mum did not have specific friends, she was friendly with everyone in town but never really had any friends that she could talk to or confide in because everyone thought she was crazy.

"I... Don't think so. No."

"I see. Is your mother at home?"

"No. She... She's dead. My dad had to kill her. It was either lose me or kill me. He chose the latter."

"Does your father know that you're a werewolf?" He asked hesitantly. I nibbled on my bottom lip, thinking of a way to answer to him.

"No." I lied. "I don't want him to think I'm some kind of monster like my mother."

He nodded his head in understanding. I glanced around the room, everything felt so homey here. My own bedroom does not even feel like this place, and this is only an office for Christ's sake!

A few minutes pass and a woman walks in and stands at a distance from me. I turn in my seat to look at her. Her honey blonde hair was short in an A-line bob and framed her face beautifully. Her hazel eyes danced with emotions and her sunkissed skin makes her look radiant. I was envious of her looks.

"Merida, this is Amy. Amy is a freshly turned wolf and has no knowledge of werewolves or packs. I think it would be a good idea to accept her as part of this pack and let her stay here. Would you mind showing her around?" He asks kindly.

"Of course, Alpha." She beams brightly. She looks at me and her heartwarming smile makes me want to run into her arms and hug her but I resist the urge to be affectionate.

"No. Wait. I can't. I have to go home. My father, he'll-" I began. Panic was setting in.

"It's ok. He will just assume you ran away or went missing. Things like that happen." Sam interrupted.