Chapter 13 [Edited]

Chapter 13

 How is he my history teacher? "Hello class I'm Mr Strider," Colton introduced.

 "No fucking way!" I blurted out and I felt all eyes on me, "what the hell are you doing here?"

 "Teaching obviously, Katherine." I heard a few laughs and glared at him.

 "You guys know each other?" Kira, a human girl, asked.

       "Um, yeah, we um- he's a family friend," she raised her eyebrow at me and I looked away. "Can we please get on with the lesson!" I grumbled.

 "Okay," Colton said, "by the ways Katherine you have earned yourself a detention after school"

 "But-"

 "Don't make me extend the time," I wanted to growl but I had to restrain myself.

        The double lesson felt like it was going on forever. The girls in the class kept gawking at Colton, they answered or asked questions to capture his attention. He's mine! No, wait what? He's not mine. The whole lesson I couldn't concentrate on anything his musky scent was intoxicating and my wolf was acting quite possessive, if she could have her way she would gouge out the eyes of the girls who were staring at Colton.

         At break I sat outside on a bench waiting for Alice and Lucy, then Colton came and sat across me. "What do you want Colton?" I asked him in an annoyed tone.

 "A second chance" he answered and I frowned.

 "What?"

 "I want a second chance with us"

 Wait... What? A second chance? "What are you talking about?"

 He sighed "I know I've been a douche to you Katherine-"

 "Just a little..."

 He sighed again, "I know I've been such a jerk, I tormented you, I humiliated you and rejected you-"

 "Yes. I get it. What's your point?"

           "I am sincerely sorry," I frowned. Did Colton Strider just apologise to me? "I guess I just never realised what I had until it was gone. When you left everything came crashing down and now that you're here all those feelings that I tried to push away are coming back," I blinked, "I want us to try this. To try this mate process, have a decent relationship."

 "Why now?"

          "Because- because you're here now. I don't want to let go of you again, that would kill me." I just stared at him, lost for words.

           "I... you-" what was I meant to say? My heart was thumping and my wolf was jumping for joy, "Colton I just-"

           "You don't have to give an answer now. But please just think of it." I nodded and he walked away. God, this is frustrating. I think I need a second brain. I don't know what to make of this, when I looked into Colton's sapphire eyes I could tell he was being sincere and honest about his words. He does want us to try. But can I risk it all? Shall I put my heart on my sleeve for him? Then Alice and Lucy came and quickly sat down at the bench.

 "I can't believe Colton is teaching here!" Alice exclaimed.

 "Way to drop the bombshell," I muttered sarcastically.

               "We think he's here to keep an eyes on you," Lucy said and I frowned so she continued, "he is an Alpha, you know how possessive Alpha's can get. He's making sure no guys make a move on you. In fact we just walked past him and he was telling off some guy who was saying how hot you were or something," I blushed but then groaned.

          "Oh great. I have detention with him after school as well!" Alice raised her eyebrow at me "I kinda swore in class"

 "Why am I not surprised?" Alice asked rhetorically.

                                                                                          * * *

            Please don't be Colton. Please don't be Colton! I prayed mentally as I walked to the last class of the day. Biology. Me and Lucy opened the door, but the teacher wasn't here yet but the class was already full with its students. We  sat in our normal seats and I got out my phone seeing that I had received a text from Skylar which made me chuckle.

          "Hello class," A voice greeted and I quickly hid my phone before me stood a male teacher with dark hair, sea green eyes and a look of pride on his face. I couldn't tell if he was a werewolf or not. You see the school is just outside our territory so sometimes we get random wolves applying here. His looks are nothing compared to our mate my wolf said and I rolled my eyes. Shut up Wolfie!

           "I'm Mr Taylor," the teacher continued, "I understand we're doing biology" there was something off about him, his scent was weird and he gave off a strange aura. He then settled his eyes on me and sent a wink my way.

 What the hell!

 Picture: Katherine

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Comment and vote.