3. Broken Pieces

Anger.

A word for some.

An emotion for many.

A destruction for the most.

It is said that words hurt more than anything. They leave the scars--deepest, penetrating straight to the hearts!

Sometimes the pain is so much that you feel your whole being is cutting and ripping apart by just the mere reminder of hurtful words.

But what do the person do when the wounds and scars are just few minutes older--so raw and so hurtful that the person feels like choking for breaths. In between life. In between death. Not dying but not living either.

Same was the case with the girl sitting on the edge of the pool with dry tears stains on her cheeks.

"YEH SAB TUMHARI WAJAH SE HUA HAI!"

(All of this happened because of you!)

She shook her head trying to clear her mind off these words. But another set of cutting one resurfaced.

"Tum meri zindagi mai ayi kyun? Mai tumse mila hi kyun?"

(Why did you come to my life? Why did I ever meet you at all?)

A choked cry left her lips. All had come to this?

This when he was regretting meeting her at the first place?

All that they had been through meant nothing -- nothing to him?

"Sab kuch theek tha aur sab se important baat di khush thi!"

(Everything was fine and the most important thing Di was happy!)

She knew his Di was important to him and she never had a problem with that but she had felt that somewhere maybe she too resided in some corner of his heart. Not that important like his Di but somewhat valuable. Somewhat special. Somewhat dear , precious but..

"Sab tumhari galti hai Khushi. Kyun k agar tum nahi aati toh Shyam aisi harkat nahi karta. Di aaj bhi pehle ki tarah Khush hoti."

(All of this is your fault Khushi because if it weren't for you then Shyam wouldn't have done it. Di would still had been happy like before.)

Was all of it her fault?

Was it really?

Didn't she do the same thing which he did after finding out the half truth a while ago?

Tried to save Anjali Di from heartache. That was just what she tried to do as well but like always she failed in his eyes. Whatever she do she would always be a failure in his perspective. Always!

Now she has learnt it the hard way that.. that she was nothing but a liability for him.

"You are the biggest mistake of my life Khushi Kumari Gupta. Kaash mai tumse kabi mila hi na hota!"

(I wish I had never met you!)

She struggled to get up stumbling again and again but managed to get on her feet staggering nonetheless.

Her feet wobbled as she took shuddering steps ahead. Her mind fogged with his heartrending words. Just not leaving her. Murdering her soul. Shattering the last bits of her sanity.

Her senses went overboard as his words echoed in her ears from every corner of the poolside.

Her vision blurred with tears as she continued walking on unsteady feet.

Her knees hit the glass table and she fell flat on it with such force that it shattered into pieces piercing her skin from the front. Then,

There was a pool of blood.

But a closer look on her soul it would rather be-

A pool of broken pieces of a devastated frail woman.