Kaine

This is not edited so I apologize for any errors. I hope you enjoy :)

********

She's so cute when she blushes.

"Uh so is this usually what you do for fun?" she asks, gesturing towards the scorpions.

I shrug. "Sometimes. When I'm here I usually spend most of my time training. What about you? What does the Witch Queen do for fun?"

"Nothing really," she mumbles sheepishly.

"Oh come on! You have to do something, tell me please?"

She laughs nervously, fiddling with her hands and staring at her lap. "Okay uh, well sometimes I . . . no I can't! It's too stupid!" she cringes, shaking her head.

"Is it more stupid than teasing giant scorpions with a snake made of fire?" I snort.

She grins. "Maybe not." She sighs heavily. "Okay fine. When I have nothing to do and I am bored of practicing my magic, I go out into the lake on my territory. I like to float in the water and watch the stars or just swim with the creatures that live there," she recounts, a glazed look in her eyes.

My eyebrows furrow. "That sounds like a perfect way to spend your free time."

She looks up at me, her violet eyes glowing. "Really?"

"Yeah, how could that possibly be stupid?"

She sighs again. "I don't know, a lot of the witches think I am stupid for wanting to interact with other creatures. Witches have been a solitary and arrogant race for a very long time, it's why it was so difficult for them to accept the alliance. It took me years to get them to stop killing the mermaids and sirens and water dragons in the lake," she murmurs.

"My gods, you're going to be a legend."

"What do you mean?"

"You're only 18 and you've made yourself a leader and ended wars and made allies with other creatures―including the dragons which I'm pretty sure have been warring with witches for thousands of years."

She just shrugs and I stare at her with wide eyes. How can she not see it?

If she did she would probably be a very different person, Lucifer comments.

True.

"You can talk to your dragon right?" Syrra suddenly asks.

"Oh uh, yeah, sorry that was kinda rude, I usually try not to do that in the middle of a conversation," I mutter.

"No it's fine, I was just curious. Can you talk to your wolf too?" she asks and I freeze, my breath catching in my throat.

"What?"

She grins. "It's not common knowledge is it?"

I blink hard a few times. "No seriously―what?" I repeat.

She laughs a little. "Kaine I figured it out the moment I met you. I can actually feel your power, it's a little terrifying to be honest. I mean, I know your mother is extremely powerful yet I cannot feel hers but I felt yours before you had even stepped into the room," she murmurs.

Panic hammers inside my chest. Can she seriously feel it? How?! She can't tell that she's my mate right?

My wolf growls in annoyance. If you tell her then that won't be an issue! he snaps.

No! Don't tell her. If you win her over first then she'll probably accept the mate thing that much easier. Witches are like dragons, they pick who they want to be mates with so you better make a good impression with her, Lucifer warns.