Chapter 21

------------------------------

I sat down beside him. "Luke, remember I told you about a girl. She is the girl I was talking about." Jason said smiling looking at the sky. "I gave her the locket." he said and smiled at me. "Luke. Your friend here is so damn emotional." I said chuckling a bit but the tears welled up in my eyes. "Hey! I am not!" he said crying and chuckling at the same time.

"Yeah you are!" I said hitting him playfully on his arm. The tears won't stop. Jason smiled and laughed a bit. "I.. Wanted to tell you about my past." he said looking down. "It's fine Jason. I know it's hard for you." I said keeping my hand on his arm. He took my hand in his and gently squeezed it.

"Me and Luke. We were bestfriends. Inseparable. No one knew about our friendship. He was a very sweet guy. Always bullied. No friends. No parents. He was totally alone." Jason started looking up at the sky. "He was in the same college with me. Once he was getting badly beaten up. He was strong but he never hit anyone even once nor did he say anything to anyone. He quietly took all the beatings." he said with tears in his eyes.

"Once I saw him badly beaten up sitting on a bench drinking water like nothing was affecting him.
I went near him and asked him if he was okay. He simply nodded with a smile. At that time I sat with him and asked him why he was allowing them to bully him.

He just said he didn't mind getting beaten up. He was smiling but it was a sad smile. It was fake. I knew it. I was totally different at that time. I mean even you have seen my soft side. When I am with you I behave like the old me. I don't want you to see my other dark side. Even Alex, Jake, Aspen and Zack get scared when I am angry. My temper is.. You know.. I can't control it. It's very hard for me to control myself when I am angry." he said looking at me.

"I promised him that day that, I will not let anyone beat him again. And I kept that promise. I always saved him from all those bullies. They because of that started hating me. But I didn't mind it at all. I became close to Luke and we became best friends. We would spend most of the time together at his house.

We would play video games and study together. We were like brothers from another mother. Our life was good. We were happy.. But one day.. I got a call from Tristan that he has kidnapped Luke. He told me his plan." Jason said getting angry.

"Tristan always hated me. He thought I was better than him and he was jealous. I never said something like that. It was his mindset. He knew me. Actually me, Aspen, Jake and Tristan were all bestfriends before but due to Tristan's jealousy we broke. Tristan went in other group." Jason said. He was shaking.

"Tristan's plan was that, he will tell Luke or to be exact he will give Luke a choice. And that Choice was that he will kill me or himself." he said with a crack in his voice. "What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Luke had two choices. 1st was to kill himself and 2nd was to kill me. He had to choose one of the choices and he chose the 1st. Tristan was in a gang so he had a gun. He gave that gun to Luke and said he had a day to decide about it.. But Luke... He.. Didn't take any time to decide. He put the gun on his forehead and... Just when I reached there, he pulled the trigger." he said and kept his face in his hands.

"He had a smile on his face. But I don't know how he was still alive. I quickly ran towards him and kept his head on my lap. His last words were about the locket. He told me to give it to the girl who I will love with all my heart. I promised him I will take his revenge. He closed his eyes and left me forever." Jason said. He had kept his head on my lap now and was lying down. And I was sitting leaning against the tomb.