Chapter Seven

The walk back was silent and uncomfortable. I know he's pissed, I can feel it. I refuse to look up at him or say the first word, giving him time to process everything. When we get to the clearing, the other wolves go to their homes and Xander walks us to his. He opens the door and Henry comes running forward. His eyes widen when they see me.

"Alpha I am so sorry, I uh I don't know what happened. It was like something knocked me out," he rambles out.

Xander goes to speak but I cut him off, "It's okay Henry, I gave you an herbal tea that puts you into a deep slumber. There was no way you could have fought that off or known. You can leave."

He looks up to Xander for approval and then runs off. Xander walks down the hallway, pushes open his bedroom door, and then sets me on his bed. I look down at my feet as he looks down at me, I can feel his eyes. I remember my collarbone is broken and I look at it. A huge black and blue bruise stretches across it. I bring my hand to it and bite my lip. I move the bone to set it, that way it'll heal properly. I whimper a little and Xander kneels down in front of me. He takes my hand and pulls it away from the bone.

"It's okay, I needed to set it so it'd heal properly," I say without looking at him, "it'll be back to normal in an hour."

"Why?" his voice comes out shaky and broken.

I pick my head up and meet his blue eyes. Sadness pools in them and I put my hand on his cheek. He leans into it, closing his eyes.

"Xander, don't ask questions you know the answer to. You know who I really am now. It's too dangerous for me to be here."

He opens his eyes to look at me. "I can protect you," he pleads.

"That's not a doubt in my mind. While protecting me, who is going to protect the pack? Xander, when the others find out that I'm here," I take a deep breath as my voice begins to waver, "I've already caused so many deaths and lost so many people I care about."

Xander cups my cheek and pulls my face to his, "you're not leaving me again. Not like that. You want to be here just as much as I want you here. This pack needs you, we've gone too long without a Luna. Don't leave me," the last part is more of a question than a command. He brings his lips to my forehead and holds them there for a minute.

He pulls away and looks back down at me, "let's get you cleaned up." He picks me up, sure to be careful with my right side, where I took the most damage. He carries me to his bathroom and then sets me on my own two feet. He turns the water on, checking the temperature, and then grabs a towel and washcloth.

"I'll give you some privacy," he says from the doorway. I nod my head and he walks out, shutting the door.

I unbutton my pants and slide out of them. I stand there, thinking about the least painful way to take my shirt off. "Xander?" I call out, knowing he's listening for me. The door opens and I see his worried face, "are you okay?"

"Yeah," I laugh a little at how worried he is, "I just need help with my shirt. Can you just rip it off of me?" His eyes widen and then become lust filled.

"Gladly," he hums as he walks over to me. "Not like that," I narrow my eyes at him, "it'll hurt less that way."

"I know what you meant, princess. Don't worry, you'll be begging me to do just this," he rips the top of the shirt and slowly rips the rest, "another time and you'll mean it that way." His hand grazes my stomach and I feel my muscles tighten as sparks erupt from the touch. He pulls the shirt off of my shoulders and it falls to the floor. He places his hands on my hips, tucking a finger from each hand under the band of my panties.

"Anything else I can help you with?" he purrs. I'm breathing a little heavier now at his obvious arousal and close proximity.

"T-the clasps on my bra," I stutter. He reaches behind me and undoes the clasps. I use my hand to hold the bra on me and look up at him. "I can handle the rest." He smiles at me and backs away, "we'll finish that another time." He shuts the door and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I smile to myself and step into the shower. I wash my hair and body with one hand as best as I can. I turn the water off and ring out my hair. I wrap the towel around my body and open the door to his bedroom. He's laying on his stomach on the bed reading a book, which makes me smile. He looks over to me and slides off the bed. He grabs a pile of clothes sitting on the edge and I walk over to him. He hands them to me and I set them on the bed.

Dropping the towel, I grab the underwear he picked and slide them on. Then I take the shirt, which is one of his, and put it on, it falls about mid-thigh. I look over to him and notice how he swallows hard and his eyes are glazed over. I smirk to myself and then climb onto his bed. I lay down at look at him. "You coming?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"Not yet," he mumbles, making a sexual comment. I laugh at him and he smiles before jumping on the bed. He crawls over the top of me and looks down at me, "that was dirty, Anastasia. Standing there, naked, knowing I wanted to pounce on you and drive into you, making you scream in pleasure. tsk tsk, you're a very bad girl," he growls seductively. I close my legs, cursing myself for how he affects me.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I try to sound innocent. I smile at him and he smiles back. He leans down and kisses my forehead before rolling off of me. He lays beside me and pulls me into him.

"Good night, Anastasia," he hums in my ear. I feel safe here, with him.