Chapter Twenty

The world around me stops for a few moments. My head is spinning and I feel like I may faint. Suddenly the air is knocked out of my lungs and my body begins to tingle. I feel a force, a bond, start to form and snap me towards the man in front of me. From the look on his face, I know he can feel it too. I smile down at him as tears stream down my cheeks. I kneel down with him and quickly kiss him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me up with him. When I pull away, I look up at him with a huge smile.

"Of course I'll marry you," I say, slightly out of breath. He grins and takes my left hand, placing the engagement ring on my ring finger. I smile and look at the simple titanium band, with a small diamond in it. "It's beautiful Xander," I say as I examine it and then look back up at him.

••• 2 Months Later •••

"Oh my god!" Kenzie squeals. I flinch at the shrillness in her voice and glare at her. "Annie you look beautiful! I can't believe you're getting married!" She continues as she walks over to me. The hairstylist and makeup artist just finished with me. Kenzie won't let me look at anything until the finished product but she has been taking pictures of the build-up.

"Well I wouldn't know, would I?" I tease her.

She sticks her tongue out and wrinkles her face up at me. I laugh at her childishness and the hairdresser steps away, signaling she's done. "I'm finished," she says, admiring her own work. Kenzie squeals and turns me around.

"Come on, come on!" She cheers as she grabs my hands and pulls me to stand up. I laugh and follow her as she pulls me to the full-length mirror. She covers my eyes and then counts down from three to one. When she pulls her hands from over my eyes, I'm in awe of the person in the mirror. She looks nothing like the girl who stood in front of it a couple of months ago. This girl is radiant, healthy, and happy.

Her red hair is braided into a crown, wrapped around her head, with hairs strategically falling out in soft waves. There are small white flowers throughout her hair. Diamond, teardrop earrings hand from her ears. Her make-up is light, accenting her natural beauty. The white, lace dress that clings to her frame and flows from her hips, accentuates her curves. The dress slightly swoops across her chest, right under the collarbone. The sleeves of the dress stopped right below her elbow. The train of the dress is short and she wears no veil.

"What do you think?" Kenzie asks, breaking me out of my trance.

A single tear falls down my face and Kenzie wipes it away. "You deserve this Annie. He loves you, you love him, and no one is hunting you anymore," she says as she hugs me. I hug her back. "Thank you, Kenzie."
****
My hands are shaky and it's a little hard to breathe. I'm extremely nervous.  I shake the nerves out of my body and take a deep breath. The entire pack is waiting outside. Waiting for me to marry their Alpha. Waiting for me to become their Luna. Outside these doors is my future.

Mason and McKenzie are the closest things I have to family at this moment in time, so the two of them are walking me down the aisle. They fought over who was going to do it, so I just told them they both could. Mason is dressed in a classy, black tux with a light blue button-up, that matches my bouquet and black bow tie. McKenzie's dress matches Mason's shirt. Her dress can be best described as one an Olympian goddess would wear.

They put their arms through mine and give me a smile. "Let's do this!" Mason shouts, making McKenzie and me laugh.

The doors open and everyone outside stands. We step out onto the porch and then walk down the steps. When I look up and down the aisle, I see Xander. I can't help the smile that takes over. He's wearing a black tux and a white button-up with a light blue bow tie. Our eyes meet and it's like no one else exists, cliche, I know. We walk down the aisle until we get to the small stage. Xander walks over and holds out his hand, helping me up the steps.

We walk back to the middle and stand in front of the ordained minister. "You look gorgeous," Xander whispers to me, making me blush. "Dearly beloved! We are gathered here today to unite Xander Valentino and Anastasia Kingston in marriage," the man begins to speak. He says a few more things, not that I was listening, then asks us if we have vows. Xander nods his head and then smiles at me.

"Xander Valentino," I begin, my eyes never leaving his, "I promise to love you always. I promise to be by your side every step of the way. I promise to never leave you, no matter what challenges we face. I promise to wear your mark proudly for all to see that you are my mate, the love of my life. I love you, Xander."

"Anastasia Kingson," he begins, "my love. My fighter. My mate. My Luna. I have been alive for centuries and I had given up on the hope of ever finding my mate. Then you appeared in my pack. You didn't make it easy," he laughs and I give him a small frown. "I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I will fight for you, care for you, and love until my dying breath. You are free from your past, and I will keep it that way. You are my one love Annie, and I couldn't ask for a better mate."

I'm in tears as he speaks. Those are the most beautiful words that have ever been spoken to me. 

"Do you Anastasia Kingston take Xander Valentino to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I say will a smile, my eyes and cheeks still wet from my tears of joy.

"Do you, Xander Valentino, take Anastasia Kingston to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," he says with a grin that makes my heart skip a beat.

"You may now mark your, bride!"

Xander wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him. He kisses me, and I kiss him back. He pulls away to look me in the eyes like he's asking for permission to mark me. I nod my head, a huge smile on my face. He pushed my hair to the side and kisses the spot he is to mark me before sinking his teeth into my skin. The pleasure I receive from him marking me is enough to make me collapse, which is why his arms wrap around me, holding me up. I feel every part of my being connected with his. We are no longer two souls but one soul. 

He cups my cheek and leans his forehead on mine. "I love you," he says and I smile. "I love you too."

**********************

Female Lycan has come to an end! 

I am so so so sorry for how long this took me. I am a fulltime college student in my bachelor's program and I have been working so much. But here we are! The ending. I will definitely be starting new adventures in writing so keep a lookout for those!