Chapter Eighteen

Xander watches me for a moment before he hesitantly takes a step towards me. My head snaps to him and Riley growls. She's in defense mode and is protecting me. I push her back and the light that was illuminating my body goes with her. When Xander is close enough, I pull him to me and wrap my arms around him before I collapse.

I've used the last bit of my energy when I killed Draco. Xander scoops me up in his arms and I wrap my arms around his neck. A few tears fall down my cheeks as I bury my head into the crook of his neck. He howls out, telling the pack we have won and to go home. He carries me back to the pack, Harold and the soldier following behind us.

"Harold! Harold!" a woman frantically calls out as she runs through the forest. I pick my head up to look for the women, ready to protect Harold if I need to.

"Mom?" Harold calls back out, his face lit up with hope.

The woman comes into view and the two run towards each other, reuniting mother and son. The lady wraps her arms around her son as she sobs with relief. She takes a step back, looking down at him with a smile.

"You don't have one scratch," she says in disbelief as she looks her son over.

"No mama, not one. I had a savior in there," he tells her with a smile.

This piques her interest and she raises her eyebrow in question. "Who was your savior?" she asks him. The smile on his face grows as he looks over to Xander and me. "Our Luna," he tells her and then winks at me. I smile at him and then lay my head back down.

**

I must have fallen asleep because the next time I open my eyes, we're in Xander's room. He carries me into the bathroom and sits on the stool next to the tub. He turns the faucet on and puts his hand under the water, testing the temperature. I look up at him and just admire the structure of his face. The sharp edges of his jawline, the slight hook of his nose, the softness of his crystal blue eyes, and the laughter lines in the corner of his eyes. A small smile grows on his face and he looks down at me.

"I know I'm sexy, Annie," he smirks with a small chuckle. I roll my eyes and look away from him.

I've done that so much lately; looking away from him and walking away from him. I'm a horrible mate and Luna. I've left my pack way too many times and I've rejected my mate. Why would they want to keep me? There's no way they'll want me in their pack. There's no way he'll want me as his mate.

"What are you thinking about?" Xander asks as he rubs the pad of his thumb over the crease between my brows. My eyes flick up to his and I know he can see the pain and self-loathing in mine.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop. I don't care what you've done and neither does the pack. All that matters right now is cleaning you up and getting some rest," he says firmly. He moves me to where I'm sitting up and I just stare at him. Getting rest sounds great, my body is weak and so is my mind. He doesn't bother pulling the torn shirt over my head, he just rips it the rest of the way and tosses it to the floor. He does the same with my pants and underwear. He lifts me back up and then sits me in the tub filled with water.

He takes a pitcher off the side and dips it in the water before pouring it over my head. The warm water feels good and I close my eyes as it runs down my face and through my hair. Xander lathers my hair with shampoo before rinsing it out. He grabs a clothe and puts soap on it before washing my body. When he gets to my stomach, I put my hand over his and pull away.

"I can finish," I say softly and look away. I don't want him to see the scar.

"Are you sure? I don't mind," he chuckles. I shake my head but can't hide my smile.

"You can go ahead and take a shower, that way we'll both be done," I suggest. He nods his head in agreement and stands up, stretching before going to the shower. He strips and then gets in turning the water on.

**

I didn't wait on Xander. I wanted to get dressed before he saw the scar. I'm not sure what I'm worried about. His reaction to the scar? Or just my insecurity of the emotional and physical scar? With the towel wrapped snuggly around my body, I was across the hall to the room that was mine. I grab one of Xanders T-shirts that I stole and underwear. I get hot easily so the fewer clothes the better. I grab a few things and then make my way back to Xander's room. His door opens before I can reach out to open it and a frantic Xander looks around before spotting me. He sighs in relief and then pulls me to him.

My heart breaks because I know what he was thinking. He thought I left again. He pulls me into the room and shuts the door. "I'm not leaving," I say, knowing my word doesn't mean much. He looks down at me, looking for any hint of a lie. "I promise, I'm not leaving you again," I say with more sincerity than I've ever been able to muster. He kisses my forehead before walking into his closet.

I set the items that I brought with me on the table in the room. I grab my brush and brush my hair. I walk into the bathroom and shut the door. I look at myself in the mirror and can barely recognize the person looking back at me. The girl in the mirror looks like a walking corpse. Her eyes a sunken in as well as her cheeks. Her skin is pale and her eyes don't hold the same liveliness they used to. Her hair is brittle and chopped off to her chin. I pull the shirt over my head and look at my beaten body. The bruises and cuts are healing but very slowly. The girl in the mirror looks malnourished. My fingers graze the scar that starts at my hip and moves to my belly button. Tears fall down the girl's cheeks as she looks at her destroyed body in the mirror. She will never be the same again, physically or mentally.

"Annie?" Xander asks from outside the door.

"Coming," I say softly and put the shirt back on. I wipe the tears away and open the door. I walk over to Xander, who is on the bed and he pulls me down with him.

"Let's get some sleep love," he says tiredly. I turn to face him and run my hands over the hair on his face. He looks like he's aged five years since I last saw him. I did this to him.

I lean up and kiss him, silently telling him all the things I can't seem to put into words. He pulls me to him as he kisses me back.

*********
This chapter is dedicated to @th6ttiee
for encouraging me to continue writing this story!

The story is quickly coming to an end! However, I have something in the works. It isn't a werewolf story but it is fantasy.

Tell me what you think of The Female Lycan...

Spidey