Chapter 14- Are you Mercury? Because you're hot

*****WARNING: R content ahead******

"I'll go get you a cold glass of water," Alec says. He rushes out of the room and is back within seconds. When he hands me the water we briefly touch each other. For that brief second the pain and heat cease.

I sip on the refreshing water hoping short intervals would help. "Alec, will you just sit and hold me. Your touch helped when you handed me the water." He nods as we walk to the couch. I turn on any tv show I can find as I sit in his lap wrapping his arms around me. The heat died down to nearly nothing. It felt so good to just sit in his embrace.

"You're smell is driving my wolf crazy," Alec says huskily.

"We can't get pregnant right now, babe. We've been out in public a few times. The media needs more. We have to have a wedding..." I say quietly. He just nods as he puts his head on top of mine. "How long does this usually last?"

"Typically twenty-four hours but since we're royales it's most likely going to be at least forty-eight hours." I groan loudly. "Looks like you're gonna be stuck to me for a while, princess. No going out for us until this is over with. I'd kill any male who looked at you. Kristos wouldn't have it any other way."

We're silent for a very long time. The sky changed from bright to dark and the evening had approached. "I guess I should try to get to sleep. It'll only be worse tomorrow won't it?" He nods as he carries me to our bed. We lay on top of the sheets tonight cuddled together so that the heat will not be as intense.

*******

I woke up about mid morning the next day. I felt like I was on absolute fire and Alec was nowhere in sight. "Alec?" I called.

I heard rustling and then Alec comes from the kitchen with two glasses of ice water and a popsicle. "I was just grabbing a popsicle for you. How are you feeling?"

"Ridiculously warm."

"How about I run a bath for you while you eat this popsicle. I turned fans on too so maybe that'll help." Thank goddess I have such a caring mate. I don't know what I've done to deserve this.

I stand up and wobble to him. My temperature is high and my body aches everywhere. Occasionally little spurts of pain go through my stomach making me wince. I grab the popsicle and open up the window allowing the wind to blow some air on to me.

After what seems like years Alec finally comes back to tell me the bath is ready. I walk inside where I strip off my clothes and quickly get into the bath. The water only helps a little but not like it did yesterday. Alec brings an ice pack and lays it on top of my shoulders. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

I just shake my head and grab the back of his neck. I bring his lips to mine for a brief period of time. "You've done so much already. I don't deserve you."

A soft smile spreads on his face. "You deserve the world. You're perfect for me. I wouldn't want anyone else. You. Are. Mine. I'll protect you until the end of time and do whatever I can for you."

I smile up at him as I place my hand on his jaw. "Man now I know why people always say 'the best ones treat you like a queen'." He chuckles and kisses the top of my head.

"I'll be in the living room if you need anything. Just have Della call for Kris. I'll be here in seconds." He smiles as he leaves the bathroom.

I sit in the bathroom draining the tub every now and then and filling it back with fresh cold water. My body heats up the water faster than I would like it to. The towel no longer is cold or even wet. I've managed to dry the towel with my skin.