Chapter 22-

Alec woke me up with hundreds of little kisses being placed all over my body. I smile as his scruffy face tickled my skin. "Wake up, my Queen." He says with a lazy smile.

"I'm up, Alec." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a quick kiss.

"Good because I've been making us some breakfast and I'm not entirely sure if it is edible." His light chuckle sends my heart strings tugging.

I laugh as I take his hand and get out of bed. I walk into the kitchen to see our little table all set up with a delicious looking breakfast. He even managed to have fresh picked flowers in a tiny vase. I sit at the table as Alec pushes in my chair for me. A couple of muffins sit underneath the flowers and a large plate sits in front of each of our chairs. I gobble up the breakfast gratefully as the tastes explode in my mouth.

We finish after a while and then Alec speaks up. "Today you'll get pampered just like the queen that you are," he says with a kiss to my knuckles. "I've arranged for you and Georgianna to have a spa day and get your nails painted. At six o'clock the stylists will be back where they will do your hair and makeup. I'll see you at eight, love."

He grabs my hand and leads us back to the bedroom where I throw on some simple sweats and a t-shirt. We walk downstairs where Gia waits for me excitedly. "Girl, you've got the best mate. If only Ezio would send me out on luxury days. I'm so excited for the ball!"

Alec kisses my forehead and bids me goodbye. Gia drags me to the garage where we get in her nissan Juke to drive us to the spa which is quite a bit away. Once there she tells of our reservations and the ladies bow eagerly, excited as the King's love interest is coming.

They started us in a seaweed wrap which felt gritty and quite nasty honestly. However, they used a honey and oat face mask which felt so nice and refreshing. We laid in the wrap for a couple hours as the ladies also massaged our legs as best to their abilities. They removed any form of dead skin from us with a scrub that felt oh so relaxing.

We spent a very long time at the amazing spa and we will most definitely be back. The women who took care of us were so nice and did such a great job. My feet and hands hadn't felt so good at just a regular nail spa back in Springfield as it does right here with the wonderful ladies.

After four hours at the spa it was time for us to get something to eat at one of the restaurants. Gia took us to a place near Tia's home that she had loved so much as a kid. Once we were seated I allowed Gia to pick my food since she knows things I would like. She radiates happiness at the old memory.

"So how are you and Ezio?" I ask.

"We're a slightly bit better. He hasn't been alone with any other woman since I busted him last month. I think he's actually going to put an effort into this mating." She smiles as her eyes twinkle.

"Have you found out his dark, dark secret yet? Do you know if he's participated in Bitch fights?" I ask cautiously. She tenses as her smile begins to fade.

"I haven't had that conversation with him. I don't want to have that conversation until after we've mated."

"You still haven't mated? I thought you were the girl who repeatedly said 'I'll be completely mated the day I meet him.'" A blush comes over her face.

"He's just... different. I don't know. I can't stand the man but I also wouldn't want anyone other than him. He's so egotistical and thinks he can just do as he pleases and it infuriates me. But sometimes the way he holds me when we sleep and the sweet nothings he whispers into my ear when he thinks I'm asleep give me hope. He's nothing shy of a jackass but he's my jackass and I'll be damned if anyone tries anything."