Chapter 25-Broken-Alec

The palace is in shambles. The king is out of control and everyone fears to be around the once beloved King. Every day something new was broken and the maids and butler that were once allowed into the royal quarters had been banished from even looking at the quarters.

The queen had been missing for a week already. Everything went to the wolves quite literally after only a mere twelve hours had occurred since King Deo realized that his bride to be was nowhere to be seen. Mad chaos occurred as soon as every piece of the forest behind the palace had been searched.

Many of the Alpha's had left after seeing the rage in the King's eyes. Power radiated off of him in such an angry way that only the bravest stayed to help him look for her. He first realized she was gone when it felt as though he was pricked in the neck. He turned with a smile on his face feeling as though his little mischievous mate was playing some form of a prank on him trying to get him to come with her up to their chambers. However when he turned to look at his beloved he was met with an empty space.

He remained calm for a long time, trying to reassure himself that she was just socializing with the Alpha's and Luna's in attendance at the ball. When the crowd started to thin out due to the late timing he still could not see his beloved. He pulled Rebecca, her favorite maid, to his chair. "Rebecca, have you seen Zinsophia?" He had asked her.

"Not since the two of you arrived at the ball, your highness." She responded with a bow of her head.

He had let her go and he left the ball himself. He couldn't help the feeling of nervousness that bubbled in his chest. Kristos, his wolf, growled lowly within his chest at the distance his mate brought upon them. He walked carefully back up to the quarters assuring himself that she would be on the bed waiting for him. She probably had picked out some new lingerie that she knew he would like.

Of course he had walked up the stairs and into the quarters and only heard silence. Even the beating of her heart was not heard within the chambers. The lights were still turned off and it seemed that no one had been here since the party had started. He walked into the room anyways to see if maybe she had decided to shower.

The bedroom was empty and so was the bathroom. His wolf began to become agitated at the lack of the presence of his mate. Things looked normal but a small note on his bedside table had caught his eye. He had walked to it picking up the envelope carefully looking at his name delicately written on the front.

As he opened up the letter he began to grow angry and hurt and confused. The letter was drenched her sweet and alluring smell mixed with her favorite perfume and also his favorite. The contents within the letter had suggested that she needed some time to think if becoming a queen was something she truly wanted. But of course it was something she wanted. She was born to be come the queen of all wolves. The moon goddess herself had created her for that reason.

The King had stormed out of the room after he had read the letter; the envelope remained clutched within his grasp. He knew exactly where he was going and knew of someone who would help him. Finally, he had reached his destination and once he had he banged on the door very aggressively and filled with anger.

The door flew opened with an upset looking Ezio with messy hair as though he had been with his mate. King Deo pushed the door open looking for the dark haired best friend. He threw the opened letter at her as she scrambled to hide herself within the sheets of Ezio's messy bed. "Did you know of this?!" He yelled angrily.

She grabbed the note in a panic briefly reading it. Her eyes widen as the words seemed alien to her. "I swear I've never seen this in my life, Alec."