Chapter 22: Restless heart

Kevin's POV

"...And this is our progress report, it shows that our company's profit has been tremendously increasing from the last few months and currently our company is on number one position in clothing line in California and also in many more places" I looked up at the guy who has been speaking from about an hour now but I could barely concentrate on what he was saying standing by the big screen which showed my company's progress from last few years till now.

Soon the meeting came to an end and soon enough I was sitting alone in my cabin thinking of the only person who manages to stay in my heart as well as in my head all the time...Ash.

My Ash.

Ashley...the name that was once enough to bring a smile on my lips in the past but now...now all this name brings to me is pain...all I can feel is pain...pain, hurt, betrayal, love, anger, frustration and what not wherever I think about that awful day...whenever I remember myself reading that letter.

I could never bring myself to read that letter again...I didn't had enough courage to do so. I read it only once but each and every word written in that letter is still alive...still as fresh as the first drop of rain in my head and they still keep ringing in my ears even after four months.

Four months might seem really short period of time for a few people but for me it feels like four years.

Four damn months!

It's been four fucking months since that awful day but it still keeps playing in my head like some movie each and every second...four months since I haven't seen my wife.

Four months since I lost her.

I don't know how did I even survive without seeing her face everyday in these four months.

It feels like hell waking up to her empty side of the bed every morning...knowing that it's all over...the happy family I desired us to be is all over now.

I don't know what did I ever do to deserve this I loved her with my whole heart...with my life...with my everything and this is what I have got.

I let out a bitter laugh at the thought.

But I still love her with every beat of my heart and will always do.

My friends and even my family suggest me to forget her and move on in my life but I can never do that.

I just can't.

I don't get it how can they even say that when they see me trying my best to search for her from the past four months.

Although I have got nothing that can help me reach her or even get the slightest idea that is she even safe or not. I tried everything in my power to get even a little hint of where she might be but I got nothing.

My heart is restless without you Mrs. Diaz.

My heart grows even more restless when I think about her safety and well being I have no idea in what condition she might be and my heart can't find back it's peace until and unless it gets back the one with whom it's still madly in love with and without whom my life seems like an empty shell.

But I won't give up.

Never.

I won't give up even if it takes me years to find her...even if both of our hairs have turned grey by the time I'm finally able to find her.

I won't give up until I find her and bring her back to where she actually belongs...to me.

"I will find you love...you can't run away from me for long" I whispered staring down at the wallpaper of my phone.

"I love you so much" I whispered again still staring down at the wallpaper which is a picture of me and her which was taken on Kelly's birthday...the day when I indirectly confessed my feelings to her.

That day holds a special place in my heart.

An unwanted tear slipped down my eye without my permission thinking about how happy we both were back then.

I closed my eyes leaning back on my chair as my thoughts slipped back to that day...Kelly's birthday.

••••

Hey guys,

So this chapter was full of flashforward, I hope you didn't get confused.

I didn't wanted to stop the chapter here but it would've gotten a little lengthy that's why I divided it into two parts.

What do you think about Kevin's POV?

Why aren't they together anymore?

What do you think might have happened?

Keep guessing.

Anyways,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)