Chapter 23: Mine

Kevin's POV

I closed my eyes leaning back on my chair as my thoughts slipped back to that day...Kelly's birthday.

Four months back.

I woke up the next morning only to find Ash's side of the bed cold and empty and soon I got ready for work thinking that she might be downstairs or something but when I didn't found her anywhere I started to get worried because usually she doesn't goes anywhere this early in the morning. 

Wait did she leave just because of our kiss that happened last night...no I don't think so, I admit that she's a little stupid sometimes...okay all the times but not that stupid to leave her own husband just because of an innocent kiss.

But still that girl is really unpredictable.

And I kissed her just to annoy her.

Oh what a liar, my subconscious mocked at me.

Okay fine dammit I accept it that I kissed her because I wanted to, because I felt the urge of doing so and she kissed me back that means that she also felt the same way I did so there's no need to make a big deal out of it right?

Oh hell! Great! Now I'm arguing with my own subconscious.

Ugh!

But right now the main point is where the hell is she, thinking so I fished out my phone and dialed her number but my call was received by Kelly rather than Ashley.

"Oh hey Kevin actually Ashley is downstairs I think she forgot her phone in my room" she spoke from the other side.

"Okay so she's at your place" I murmured almost to myself.

"...Fine just tell her that I called" I added and after getting an okay from the other end I hanged up.

So now you are avoiding me Mrs. Diaz, well lets see until how long you can do that.

Soon I left for work but came back a little earlier than usual since I need to attend Kelly's birthday party.

I was greeted by Kelly's mom as soon as I entered their house and noticed that its not a big party but rather a small one with just family and friends.

"Are you looking for Ashley" I turned around on hearing Kelly's voice. She must have seen me wandering here and there.

"Actually yeah and happy birthday" I replied giving her a light hug.

"Come I'll lead you to your destination" she said walking towards the backyard as I just followed her assuming she meant Ash by saying destination.

"You know Tyler Harrison right, that hot guy" she said suddenly as I made a face on hearing his name.

I don't know why but I kinda don't like him at all.

"Yeah, what about him" I asked coming straight to the point.

"Nothing I just thought that you should know that he has proposed your wife to marry him" she replied and I instantly stopped walking.

Wait what...did I hear that right.

How. Dare. He.

"How can he she's married already, he better be in his limits or I won't mind in showing him" I said absentmindedly but yet in a high pitched voice not caring about my surrounding.

"Yeah I know but it's practically not his fault right he thinks that she's single" she replied with a shrug.

Yeah right how can I forget that he and his family have no idea about our marriage.