14

Sun sank lower in the sky, light of day draining away and street lights clicked on. It was the end of the busy day.

Both of you decided to drop by the cafe again. This time, Daniel was craving for latte. Just like usual, there was no other customer except the two of you.

Daniel was talking to Yoongi at the counter while you walked towards Jimin who was busy cleaning the table.

"Jimin-ah, why are you so quiet these past days?" You asked.

He stayed silent at first. Since the day he met Seongwoo, he had been trying to avoid you. He could not forget what he said to him a few days ago.

"Don't worry, I'm taking good care of her."

Jimin sighed and proceeded to clean up the table, "Is it good having someone to care for you?"

"Yeah, it's good." You giggled, remembering how Jimin secretly took good care of you. You found him cute for doing that.

However Jimin wasn't actually talking about himself at that time but Seongwoo. He couldn't help himself but to feel offended again.

"Yuna is late." He suddenly said after taking a glance at his wristwatch.

"You never told me that you are close to her." You mumbled and formed a thin line on your lips. He'd never mentioned her name to you until now.

"Do I have to?" He shifted his gaze to you. He had this different look in his eyes.

That was the first time he had ever glared at you, making you scared for the first time being with him.

"What's wrong with you?" You frowned.

Jimin didn't say anything and immediately moved to clean another table.

At that moment, Yuna stepped into the cafe and Jimin led her to a table next to a window. His face instantly changed into a happy one. The one he used to show you. Now, that sour face would always be there every time you talked to him.

Seeing him talking to her with that bright smile on made you unknowingly upset. You couldn't watch it any longer so you went into the kitchen to find someone to talk to.

Jin and Taehyung were there, washing the dishes together.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung softly asked after seeing your grumpy face which you rarely made.

"Jimin is weird. I feel like he hates me now." You crossed your arms over your chest.

"That's impossible." He laughed.

"He smiles at Yuna but he glares me just now."

Taehyung stole a glance at you, before rinsing the last cup in his hands.

"Are you jealous?" He questioned but you kept your mouth shut, not even trying to respond.

"If yes, then tell him. Before that woman snatches him away from you." He laughed and walked out from the kitchen followed by you from behind.

Heading out, you almost bump to Jimin. You were staring at him in the eyes but he kept his eyes on the floor as if you were so disgusting for him to look at.

"He didn't even look at me." You muttered under your breath but Taehyung clearly heard that.

"Yah Park Jimin! Smile a bit for Seren, you're making her sad." He shouted and managed to grab Jimin's attention.

He turned his head towards you for a few seconds before turning his head away.

Your heart shattered, and you felt a powerful surge of emotions flood through. He had changed. You felt like to cry but couldn't, especially not in front of everyone.

"See you guys tomorrow." You rushed towards Daniel and dragged him out of that place though he haven't received his latte yet.

Everyone was confused seeing you leaving in a hurry and began to wonder what happened.

Taehyung approached Jimin who was just silently standing looking at you leaving and whispered to him, "Stop being so immature."

His words hit him like a truck. Jimin realized that he was being rude to you. But it was also not his fault as for the whole time, he was thinking that maybe he was the only one putting in a lot more effort to reach you while you were looking at someone else.

Without thinking much, he then quickly ran out to chase after you. But too late, the car had gone.

He ruffled his messy hair and sighed, "It wasn't my intention to hurt you."

~~~

Soon, both of you arrived home. But little did you know, you had a visitor a few minutes ago. Once you stepped into the house, you were ordered to sit with your parents for a talk.

"I have found a spouse for you. His name is Ong Seongwoo." Your dad said, making your jaw dropped in an instant.

"Among all of the men who are still breathing in this world, why him?"

"Isn't that good? You like him and he likes you."

"I don't like him dad!"

"Quiet! You still have a month before the wedding day and that's it."