Chapter 32

"How did the surgery go?" BEN asked as I walked into the basement. "And... why are you all bloody?" He added, tilting his head in confusion. I sighed before plopping down onto the couch beside him and telling him everything.

BEN blinked a couple of times before he just sat there, staring at me. "Wow..." He said, breathlessly. "Yeah tell me about it. I guess I at least know I got one power from the surgery but I'm a little scared to find out what else might happen to me. I mean it was experimental meaning that by next week I could dead!" I vented, running my hands through my hair.

"Hey, calm down. We will get all of this figured out." BEN said, rubbing my shoulder gently. I sighed. "Yeah I guess" I said, laying down so my head was on his lap. BEN smiled down at me. Then I realized there was something I had been meaning to ask him. "Hey BEN?" I said, looking up at him. "Hm?" He replied, mindlessly petting my head.

"You and EJ thought I might not be a shapeshifter. So we found out I can copy the abilities of others. But it doesn't add up. After the surgery, I was able to transform into a fox. I guess you could say I just copied the fox but that wouldn't explain how I murdered my dad. I mean I took on the form of something nonexistent. It was just a bunch of things morphed together. If I was copying something, then I shouldn't have been able to be that many things at once, right?" I asked, yawning a bit at the end.

"No I wouldn't say that. If you copied just a part of something and then part of something else, that could work. Like if you copied just my eyes, you'd probably be the same as you are now but with my eyes. So if you copy a bunch of individual things, you'd be able to become what you were when you murdered your dad." He explained.

I nodded my head. "I guess that makes sense. I didn't really think of it that way." I said, yawning again. "Are you tired?" He asked, staring down at me. "I am... but I'm afraid to fall asleep. I might have another vision and it could be a bad one, you know?" I said, staring at the ceiling, unblinking.

"You need to sleep though.... how about I sleep down here with you tonight? Then if you have a bad vision, I'll be right there for you." He offered. I smiled at how much he cared about me and nodded my head in agreement. Then he carried me to my room. I sleepily got changed and ignored the comments BEN made about me changing in front of him. I was too tired to care.

Then I slipped into bed and BEN did the same. We fell asleep in each others arms and I was content. That night, I didn't have a vision and I was very glad about it. Time seemed to pass by fast because before I knew it, I was back at the organization. I realized that they didn't really do much. They mostly just showed up to crime scenes and tried to prove a creepypasta did it.

Or if they weren't doing that they were trying to develop technology that could kill even immortals. Now I have to admit, that was kind of scary but they were a bunch of humans who didn't seem all that advanced. Plus, they didn't have any immortals to test it out on unless they could manage to capture a creepypasta. And they couldn't.

Suddenly a woman approached me and asked me to follow her. She had short black hair that fell to her shoulders and wispy bangs. She seemed to be about 30. She acted very serious, so I followed her assuming it was important. She led me into a room and I instantly felt suspicious.

It looked like the classic interrogation room. Metal table, foldable chairs, and a lamp were basically the only things there. The woman sat me down in one of the chairs and explained that the boss needed to ask me a few questions. I didn't like where this was going.

Josh walked in holding a laptop and a folder. He sat down across from me and the lady immediately left, shutting the door behind her. "What's all this about? Did I do something wrong? I mean I haven't even been here that long..." I said, trailing off. Josh stared at me, his expression hard.