Chapter 34

Thank you all for being patient in waiting for the new chapter! I was super busy on a vacation but I'm home now. :D

Okay so I had written that lil note there but it's been like weeks??? and I never published this chapter so uh oops 😅

•••••

I left early in the morning. The sooner I got to the organization, the sooner I could get the information I needed. I got there quickly and walked inside. I yawned as I made my way up to Joshs office.

"Hey Josh so what am I doing today?" I asked, plopping into a chair and stretching. "Well about that. A couple of the others thought it was unfair I was letting you do whatever it is you want to do so I'm gonna make you train with everyone else today" He said apologetically.

I guess it might have seemed kind of weird that Josh was letting me do whatever. Plus, this could be an opportunity to figure out everyone's weaknesses. "Yeah sure, I'll train with them." I said, holding back a yawn. I really didn't get much sleep last night. A certain elf kept me awake.

"Okay, they train on the top floor." Josh said. I walked out of the room and made my way to the elevator. Then I went to the top floor. My jaw dropped.

There was exercise equipment everywhere and lots of people. I almost felt anxious just being in a room with so many people. The entire top floor was completely open. There were no walls at all, meaning the whole thing was just one big gym. I took a deep breath and walked further in.

I knew I didn't need any special training, so I decided to sit back and watch a few of the others for a while. A couple of them gave me odd looks but continued their training. I noticed a couple of people running on treadmills and a few others lifting weights. Surprisingly, there was no one that seemed to have any abilities. If they did, they weren't using them.

I got up and walked over to the person closest to me. It was a guy who seemed like he could be in college. He looked Asian, although I didn't know exactly where he was from. He looked nice so I smiled and greeted him.

"Uh hi! I decided to finally come to the training-Uh- room even though I don't really need any training. Ah! Sorry that sounded cocky. Um anyways, I couldn't help but notice that everyone here seems normal. Why isn't anyone using their abilities?" I asked, having a lot of trouble communicating.

He smiled at me gently. "You must be the chick they gave that serum too. Boss told me you didn't need to train so I shouldn't bother tracking you down. You could call me the head trainer here. Oh and uh don't worry, only a few of us know about you. Anyway, the reason no one is using their abilities is because we don't do that inside. It could get pretty chaotic, you know?" He explained.

My jaw almost dropped. This guy was the head trainer? Hmm, maybe I could use him. If he was the head trainer, he should know everyone's strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't even have to observe everyone.

"Ah I see. I suppose that makes sense. Uh, since you're the head trainer here maybe you could help me. I don't work really well in groups so I'd like to get to know everyone's powers as well as their strengths and weaknesses. That way when we're out on the uh battlefield I'll be able to avoid messing stuff up. Does that uh make sense?" I asked nervously.

He chuckled at me before standing up from the floor and facing me. "Normally I wouldn't waste my time with something like that. But you're kinda cute so I guess I can make an exception. Come on, I'll show you around." He said, wrapping an arm around me.

I blushed at the same time I tried to hold back a cringe. Sure he was cute or whatever, but I was taken by BEN. Awww I miss BEN. I wonder what he's doing back at home... ah! Gotta focus (Y/N). Focus. Focus. Focus.