Chapter 34: "Daltophie?"

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

"Ahh, winter break has officially begun! Two weeks off of school and no homework, what a relief!" Bree said with enthusiasm, throwing her hand up in the air as she lies at the edge of my bed with her legs hanging down.

"I know right, I can't wait to wear all of my favorite sweaters and sweatshirts." I slip on a baby blue sweatshirt with black yoga pants and swipe on a layer of mascara. "Alright, let's go."

We hop into Bree's car and head for the mall.

"Come on, just go already, you slow ass bitch!" Bree shouts angrily at the car in front of her. For the last five minutes, we've been waiting at the same intersection because the car in front of us has been letting others cut in front of them. I also become slightly agitated but laugh at Bree's road rage.

"Calm down, Bree." I shake my head and a smile spreads across my face, "we're only five minutes away."

"Well, we would've arrived at the mall a year ago if grandma over here just drove faster and stopped letting people cut in front of her." She rolls her eyes and rests her elbow against the side window, rubbing her temple in agitation. There's one thing I've learned, and it's that you don't want to mess with hangry Bree. Finally, the light turns green and we leave the intersection and ride up the ramp of the mall's parking lot.

"Let's go and eat, I'm starving!" Bree exclaims.

***********

"Mmm, the food smells so good!" Bree squeals as the waiter place our plates in front of us. Bree ordered the Bolognese Spaghetti and I ordered Pesto Cream Penne Pasta with chicken. We thank the waiter and Bree hungrily digs in. She picks up her fork and twirls the noodles around in the middle of the plate before eagerly consuming it. I chuckle and do the same, except in a less aggressive manner.

"So why did you have to leave so suddenly at the dance? Did something happen at home?" Bree sprouts with food in her mouth. I chuckle at her unladylike mannerism, but who is when they're hangry?

"Umm you could put it that way," I replied unsurely. She drops her fork and her eyes widen.

"Oh my gosh, did something happen to your mom?!" She asks worriedly.

I shake my head, "No, she's fine."

Bree relaxes and picks up her fork, finishing up the rest of her spaghetti, "So what happened, and how did you get home?"

"Funny story actually," I laugh dryly, "I left with Andrew." Her head whips up and her wide-eyed gaze meets mine, urging for me to continue. "He injured his hand, and I offered to help wrap up his wound at my house."

And?" She asks excitedly, a wide grin spreads across her cheeks.

"He explained to me that you told him what really happened between me and Colton at the party. Then, we made up—"

"You mean made out," Bree interrupts, winking in my direction. My cheeks heat up and I sigh. There's nothing that can get by her.

"And he asked me to forgive him, which I did, and he wanted us to promise each other that we would communicate our thoughts if something was bothering us."

"Yay! You guys are back together, and now it won't be awkward anymore, and we can go on double dates together," Bree sings, taking a sip of her water.