one

PART ONE - THE AVENGERS

"Our research has shown that she developed telekinesis and shapeshifting abilities. To top it all off, her I.Q is high, and she's turned into quite the assassin." The agent begins. "As she gets older, her powers seem to grow stronger." He adds.

"What's her history?" The director asks.

"Since she was born like this, there was nothing she could do about it. As she got older, doctors and scientists began to notice how different she was; that led to the experiments. They wanted to turn her into a weapon. If they could figure out what made her so special, and make that stronger and invincible, they believed they'd have the perfect soldier. So they experimented on her, training her to become what they wanted. They turned her into a project. Let's just say that didn't settle well." The agent continued explaining. "One of their trials worked, it made her inhumanly stronger and she developed extreme cellular regeneration. She used this to her advantage, killing them all, escaping afterwards and going into hiding. Luckily, we were able to track her down."

"Where is she now?"

"We've tracked her down to a city in Cuba. It seems she's been hiding in plain sight for a while now." The agent reads from the file on the desk. "She's in Havana."

"And it took you this long to track her down?"

The agent shuffled his feet, slightly uncomfortable at the director's words. "She's very good at blending in, Sir. How do you suggest we bring her in? Or get her to help us?"

"She has a soft spot for a certain someone. As soon as we get him on board, he can get her to help us." The director explains.

"If I may ask, who do you have in mind?" The agent's gaze reaching the director's.

"Dr. Bruce Banner."

• • •

Walking through the small crowd of people, I make my way to the cafe at the end of the street. I push open the doors harshly, drawing the attention of a couple customers seated in one of the booths. I send a light glare their way, making their eyes wander back to the table.

"Café mediano negro y un pastel de arándanos." I tell the man behind the counter. He nods, "Nombre, por favor?"

"Raven." I answer simply, grabbing the money from my pocket. The man types in my order, "Que será de cinco dólares." I hand him the cash, taking the receipt from him with my other hand.

I step to the side, waiting for my order. The same man walks back to the counter a few minutes later. "Raven?" I nod as a thank you, taking the bag and cup of coffee, then dashing for the exit.

   I reach my apartment, setting my things on the kitchen counter. I turn to the living room, wanting to turn on the tv, but instead, I'm met with Bruce Banner.

I quickly grab his throat, not recognizing him at first. My eyes scan him over, "Bruce?" I let go of him. "You should know not to sneak up on me." I walk over and turn on the tv.

He lets out a small chuckle, rubbing his throat. "Yeah . . ." He trails off.

"So, what do you want? Who sent you?" I glance outside the windows, noticing a few odd-looking civilians. Probably the agents Banner had brought with him.

"Who says that someone sent me? I just wanted to know how you've been." Bruce settles himself onto the couch in the living room.

I scoff, "The agents around the building tell me otherwise. So, who sent you? FBI? CIA?"