Chapter 7

I could say surfing went well but then I'd be lying. I'm pretty sure I fell a hundred times when trying to stand on the board. I'm lucky I was even still alive because I thought I was going to be eaten by a wave.

Devin on the other hand was a professional. He took on the waves perfectly and fell zero times. That lucky bastard.

"You know what you should have been doing when I was surfing?" Devin asked with a small smirk started to forming on his features.

"What?" I mumbled not wanting to hear him brag AGAIN about how good he is and how bad I am at surfing.

"You should have been taking notes and observing well."

"I don't care it's just surfing. When am I ever going to need surfing in my life?" I ask while walking to the car. It was around one in the afternoon and I was hungry and tired. All I wanted to do was go to the house, eat, watch some TV, and have a long nap.

"Never, but it's the exhilarating feeling and fun you feel when doing it. Your just mad because you sucked." He retorted.

I frowned. I did not suck I'm just a beginner that needs more practice. I never really had time to surf nor a place to do so since Miami didn't get many good waves. I never had the time with university and events in the way to do anything like that.

I guess now that I can't study in medical school anymore I will have that time to do things that are fun. Since my parents decided it would be an awesome plan for me to marry I had to stop because they froze my school tuition. I guess to them me being a wife was more important then an education.

I don't even know how I got sucked into this. Yeah I understood that the Maker company and our company were going to merge but I don't understand why the Maker's and my parents arranged for us to get married. I guess I'll never know.

A phone started to ring snapping me out of my day dream and into reality.

"Hello," Devin said when he answered his phone. "What do you mean paper work is missing......Okay I'll fly back as soon as possible." Devin hung up the phone and then started to walk faster to the car.

"Hey what's this about flying back. Where? Miami?" I pick up my pace to catch up to Devin but he was faster so I had to run to catch up. It's kind of hard to run though with a surf board in hand.

"Yes I have important work to do."

*

When we got to the house Devin made me pack my bags and get ready. I made sure to pack all my things. I didn't want to forget something important there.

I left out some grey sweat pants and a white tee to change into. I wanted to be comfortable for the ten hour flight. I'm just glad my mom packed them.

I got into the shower for a quick rinse. I wanted to get all of the sand off of my body. I loved the beach but I hate how sandy you got afterwards.

I got dressed, grabbed my suit case, and went down stairs.

At the front door Devin was waiting all ready in some dark jeans and a fitting black shirt. He had an annoyed look on his face.

"You take forever. Hurry up the jet is already waiting," Devin said while taking a look at his IPhone to check the time.

We got to the jet in a short amount of time. At the top of the stairs that led to the entrance was a young man around his early twenties. He had black hair and was wearing a black suit. I noticed that his blue-grey tie matched the color of his eyes.

"Mr. and Mrs. Maker," he said while nodding at us and give us a small smile.

Someone took our bags and put them away. Devin made his way up the stairs and greeted the young man.

"Samantha hurry up we don't have all day," Devin said looking back at me.

When I heard his voice I scurried up the steps as fast as I could. When I got to the top I gave the young man a small smile in return.

Once inside I took a seat on one of the white leather sets and got comfortable. Then I remembered I didn't get to eat anything because I was to busy being annoyed by Devin to hurry up.

"I'm hungry. Is there anything to eat?" I asked Devin when he took a seat next to me.

"I asked for them to prepare a meal before we got here so we'll be served in a bit."

I relaxed in my seat knowing I would get food soon. Being in the water for a couple hours really makes you hungry.

"Please prepare for take off," a loud male voice said over the intercom.

I followed as ordered and put on my seat belt. Better safe then sorry.

Then we where off and on our way back home but what I really wanted more then going home was food. They were taking forever to cook.

I briefly closed my eyes and then I could smell a delicious smell coming closer to where I was seated. I quickly opened my eyes and noticed a chef placing two plates at the booth that was in front of wear Devin and I were seated.

I had already unbuckled my seat belt so I stood up and took a seat at the booth. Man I was hungry.

I looked down at the plate. It contained steak and caesar salad to the side.

I started to eat forgetting all the manners I was taught. If my mom was here I bet she would scold me.

"You eat like a pig," Devin said taking a seat in front of me. He started to eat too but unlike me he ate with manners.

I gave him a cheeky smile and continued to eat. This was so worth the wait.