27: Stay Away

Chapter 27: Stay Away Or Not?
Do vote and comment:)<3

Ming De who was walking in front of the group, grabbed Jing Xuan and pushed her behind him. As he looked glaringly at TingXiao who was at the entry of the dark alley.

"Who are you?" Ming De asked cautiously.

"Her friend." He replied coldly, anyone else who is not her does not deserve his attention. TingXiao was about to walk closer to Jing Xuan when Ming De stopped him.

"Stay away. A man and women should stay far away from each other." Ming De said as he stood protectively in front of Jing Xuan.

"funny. You're a man too" he rebuked.

"Enough. Whatever, TingXiao can come along if he wants to. Let's get going." Jing Xuan said impatiently, she grabbed hold of the quiet and obedient Jing Jie's hand as she walked towards the noticeboard area.

"What are you doing here anyway?" TingXiao asked.

"Obviously to do something like yours." She replied monotonously.

"Eh? I came here to search for you, are you here to search for me?" TingXiao asked shamelessly, causing Zhi Hao and Ming De to scoff behind.

"No... im here to find a merchant group." she replied.

"oh? which merchant group are you looking for? I might be able to help, I know a lot of them around here."

"I am looking for the Golden Wolf Merchant"

In the novel, she remembered that the Golden Wolf Merchant was the one that helped rescued Zhi Hao's family.

TingXiao had bring in his people and had them blend in with the people of the Eastern Kingdom. It isn't known to the Emperor, that the Esteem Prince of the Western Kingdom is in his country.

TingXiao led them to the Golden Wolf Merchants' "headquarter" and listened in to their conversation. Apparently, Jing Xuan and the others are here to request assistance in rescuing some people.

At this point TingXiao had already excused himself as he was being called back by his father, "Help her with whatever she needs" TingXiao told WuMing the leader of the Golden Wolf.

"Yes" WuMing said as he bowed at his master. WuMing then headed into the room and continued their discussion.

"We need help to assist a group of 5 out of this place where they are held captive. We believe in your martial skills and hope you would cooperate with us. Of course we will award you accordingly." WuMing was a little shocked to see that a girl as young as Jing Xuan are able to negotiate so well.

"Of course, we will do out best to assist you." With that their discussion had ended, Jing Xuan shook WuMing's hand and they headed off.

"The person Master like definitely can not be ordinary." Wu Ming whispered to himself as he looked at the empty seats.

TingXiao rushed back to the palace as his father had summoned him to his place. He changed into his Black robes that have golden dragons embroidered at the ends of his sleeves before he headed to his father's place.

"TingXiao greets Imperial Father" TingXiao half bowed.

"Rise." The Emperor of the Western Kingdom, Han Fu said. He dismissed his personal Eunuch and the servants, before he turns to TingXiao.

"TingXiao, how old are you already?" Han Fu asked as he leans back into his Dragon seat.

"I am turning 19 soon..." TingXiao replied monotonously, he knew his father is going to pressure him to take in a princess consort and to get a wife.

"So what do you think of Chu Ying? The daughter of the right Prime Minister? The Prime Minister is loyal and can help you." not like He needed help though...

"i'm not interested..." he said tiredly, every once in a while his father would summon him and talk to him about getting a wife. Having been rejected countless of time, Han Fu already thought his son was a cut-sleeve.

Han Fu sigh as he waved his hands dismissing his son, he had seem to already given up. As long as his son brings home a girl, he doesn't care if she's a begger, orphan, or anyone.

"Maybe I can send him concubines?" Han Fu thought as an evil smile form on his face.

Jing Xuan and her group headed back to the inn, "We only have another week to plan, so we should get ready by than. Since Golden Wolf will provide people who are skilled we just need to really scope out the area." Jing Xuan said.

She is hugging Jing Jie in her arms as she seeks comfort from the hug. Today had been pretty exhausting for her.

"Uncle Ming De have been go war before so i'll leave the planning to you. Zhi Hao you should make some sleeping and poison powder. I'll excuse myself first, I will be in my room." She walked back to her room with Jing Jie and fell asleep.

While Jing Jie was out together with Zhi Hao and Ming De, a sneaky TingXiao sneaked into her room. TingXiao walked to her bedside and sat on the edge as he gently wipes away the tears on her cheeks.

"Whats making you so sad?..." He asked as he looked at her sad face. Very suddenly, Jing Xuan's eye shot opened she grabbed on to the hand that was on her face. She caught the familiar scent of  lavender and Scandlewood

"You..."

Was he the one that visited my tent?

"Yes." He replied as though he read her mind and a smile formed on his face, causing a slight acceleration in her heart beat.