Chapter 13

Jays pov

I had finally gotten control back right before he marked Rena. But she had passed out.

I wanted her to wake up so I could apologise. She started to whimper and I cradled her in my arms like a baby.

Maybe if you had of let me mark her we know why she was whimpering

Maybe if we hadn't acted like a possessive jerk she wouldn't be passed out.  I replied back.

Well Henry shouldn't of been flirting with our mate.

I just blocked him out fed up. I stroked her cheek. She flinched and continued whimpering.

What was happening? I just wish I new.

Her eyes flew open and she jumped out of my arms and backed away she looked at me in complete fear. It broke my heart.

I reached out for her

"Pl-please d-d-don-n'y h-h-ur-t m-me". She stuttered out nervously. 

I put my hands up in surrender and talked low and soothing to try and calm her down. I hated seeing her like this. Looking so broken and petrified.

"Hey shh Rena I'm not gonna hurt you. "

"But your eyes were so d-dark" she sobbed.

"Rena I'm so sorry I let my wolf get the best of me but neither of us would never harm you. Your are mate. Seeing you scared of me breaks my heart. Seeing you hurt breaks my heart. "

"You reminded me of him" she whispered so low if I wasn't a werewolf I wouldn't of been able to hear her.

"Oh princess I'm so sorry. " I said pulling her into a hug. She finally allowing me to pull her close.

Her head was buried in my chest. She let an occasional sob. I just kept telling her it would be ok and I was sorry.