||02-"Same old Charlie."||

We enter Avenger's tower so many memories come rushing back some feeling of guilt and some good. I can hear Rhodey's and Secretary Ross's voice ahead.

We stride into the conference room where hologram of Ross with a grimace upon he's face.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve says with such boldness in her voice.

He stride towards us. "You've got lot of nerve. I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right about now." I said with a smirk.

"The world is on fire and you think all is forgiven." He said with such impertinence in he's voice.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender." Steve preached.

"So, we're here to fight and if you wanna stand in our way we'll fight you too." I finished.

Ross studies us for a moment then turns he's gaze to Rhodey behind him.

"Arrest him." he commanded.

"All over it." Rhodey replies. The holograms disappears.

"that's a court-martial."

Both Rhodey and Steve crack a smile

"it's good to see you Cap." he says while the two brooding men share a handshake.

I step in and give Rhodey a hug." It's good to see you're okay." 

After what happened I was worried that Rhodey was dead or reduce to chair for the rest of he's life. I would never forgive myself is something happened to him.

Rhodey and I part, and he observes all of us. "Wow you guys look like crap. It must have been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well the hotels weren't exactly five stars." Sam spoke.

Rhodey chuckles.

"Uh I think you look great." A familiar voice spoke.

We all look to see where the source of the voice came from.

Bruce gradually approaches towards us. Fidgeting and rubbing he's hand together. "Yeah, I'm back."

I look at Natasha and I see her breath hitch and she cracks a small smile.

"Hi Bruce." She spoke.

They share a long intense stare.

Bruce gives a stiff nod. "Nat."

"this is awkward." Sam muttered loudly.

"way to ruin the moment Sammy." I quipped.

"Same old Charlie. I've missed your sarcastic wit the most." He said sincerely.

I made my way over to Bruce. He fidgets with he's hands.

I pull him into a hug.

"I missed you Brucie." I said. We part, and I slap Bruce on the arm.

"Ow!" he yelped while he's rubs the spot I hit him.

"And you ever pull a stunt like that again I'll kill you." I threatened.

+++

Bruce gave us a crash course about what's happening.

"So, we gotta assume they're coming back right?" Rhodey questioned.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda spoke.

"We need all hands-on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asks.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal it was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Natasha explained.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asks.

"Ant-Man." Steve replied.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" he questioned. What's next Beetle-Man?!

"I know too many superheroes named after bugs." I spoke.

"Okay, look Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he's not gonna stop until he gets.....Vision's stone." Bruce explains. We all share a somber look

"Then we have to protect it." Nat.

"No, we have to destroy it." Vision spoke.

We all turn our attention to the android.

"I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About it's nature but also its composition I think if we're exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source." He approaches Wanda.

"Something very similar to its own signature, perhaps it's molecular integrity could fail."

"Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation." She shakes her head.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision argues.

"That's too high a price." She said.

Vision shakes he's head and cradles Wanda's face.

"Only you have to power to pay it." He said. She steps away from him.

"Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." Vision explains to us all.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve spoke.

"Captain, 70 years you laid down your life to save how many millions of people? Tell me why is this any different?" Vision argued.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, Me, the stone. All of them mixed together. all of them learning from one another." Bruce explained.

"Your saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asks.

"I'm saying if we take out the stone there's still a lot of Vision left, but perhaps the best parts." Bruce continues.

"Can we do that?" I spoke.

"Not me, not here." He replied.

"We'll you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey spoke.

"I know somewhere." Steve spoke.