Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The girls reached the shopping mall and entered through the main gate. They climbed to the first floor and encountered with a magnificent shop corner meant only for girls. There were all sorts of dresses to be found, from tunics to gowns and shoes along with other accessories. Monica and Pooja were running their eyes through the party dresses while Jiyasha moved aside.

"These two always take a long time to make their choices and I am in no need of buying anything for any party." Jiyasha thought to herself and moved in a corner. She rested her back on a wall near the corridor.

Monica and Pooja, both had their own destinations. One had a steady boyfriend and the other had Jatin and both wanted to look perfect in their new outfits. Both wanted to win the hearts of the important ones in their lives but Jiyasha had no one as such.

After some time, Monica remembered that they had Jiyasha with them and she turned to find Jiyasha leaning against the wall of the shop corner. She approached her and asked, "Jiya, won't you buy something?"

"No I have enough clothes, I will manage with those," Jiyasha refused to buy anything at once.

"But it is the matter of my life and any how I need to impress his family. That is why I want you to be also perfectly dressed that day. Do you understand?" Monica told her.

"But I don't have enough money left this month and you know my family's condition. I can't spent much on these." Jiyasha lowered her voice.

"I know you are continuing your studies with your scholarship. Okay wait, I will get you one." Monica moved and found some dresses while Jiyasha observed from behind.

"How's this?" Monica held a beautiful golden laced pink gown in front of Jiyasha. Jiyasha was mesmerized by the creativity of the designer.

"It is beautiful Monica," Jiyasha snatched the dress quickly from Monica's hands and draped it on her shoulders. "It will look perfect on me." Jiyasha was smiling broadly in excitement.

"Then you should get it." Monica pulled her ATM card from her purse to make a payment. But the shopkeeper apologised that she did not have enough money in her debit to make the payments for both Jiyasha and her's dresses.

Jiyasha also noticed the price tag of the pink dress. "It is very expensive Monica, leave it."

"But Jiyasha?" Monica's face turned gloomy.

"I know your dad doesn't send you huge money as he used to do it earlier because recently you have been spending lavishly on your boyfriend. You should pay for your own dress and other accessories because your impression will be more important at the party and not mine. I'll manage somehow." Jiyasha squeezed Monica's shoulder.

"I am sorry Jiya, I upsetted you because you really liked the dress. It is really pretty. I promise I will get you one next month when my dad sends me more money." Monica hugged Jiyasha.

"It is not always possible to get what you like. Now go and get yours at least." Jiyasha faked a smile to convince Monica.

Pooja, who was busy all the while in selecting something for herself, approached them. "Did you both buy stuffs for yourself?"

"Only I bought. We ran out of money so Jiyasha couldn't," Monica told her.

"How much do you need?" Pooja asked them again.

"Don't ask because you won't be able to afford it. You belong from a middle class family and we know how difficult it is for you to look after your own family," Monica said.