Chapter 27

Chapter 27

That evening, Monica and Pooja reached the venue where the engagement event was to be held. Monica saw Kabir handsomely dressed and gave him a hug. Pooja continued staring at them.

"Is he Kabir?" Pooja asked Monica.

Monica nodded and Pooja greeted him. She introduced herself, "You must have known me, I am Pooja."

"I know you though I haven't met you earlier. But I know Jiyasha very well," Kabir told her.

Pooja smiled and congratulated the both of them for their future. "May God bless you with a prosperous married life."

"I don't see Aryan, where is he?" Monica asked Kabir.

"He's inside and is much worried for today. I don't know how he will do everything. Where is Jiyasha by the way? Don't say she didn't agree!" Kabir told her.

"She agreed but she left for some urgent work. She'll join us soon," Monica assured him.

"Okay till then enjoy yourselves. I'm going to look after other guests too. It's also our official engagement tonight" Kabir said and departed soon after.

Pooja pulled Monica aside. "Who is Aryan? Why was Kabir getting worried?"

"You forgot who Aryan is! Remember the one who is also the project sponsor for Jiya and me," Monica tried to remind her.

"I remember now, he is the same man who clicked pictures with Jiya at an event. I had seen in the magazine and also told you. But then something happened with Jiyasha and all. I don't know anything after that," Pooja said nodding her head.

"I'll explain you," Monica narrated everything to her.

"I see and you believed that Jiya is a slut! I mean you thought she's double dating and lying to you. You also fought with her! How could you?" Pooja shouted at Monica.

"I didn't believe it really. It was all my anger since she was lying to me. You only tell me which girl on earth will reject such a rich and hot guy? A man who loves her truly, who has always saved her and even identified her with him in public during a derby match!" Monica asked her.

"You are right but my heart is not agreeing to it. If she rejected him, she must have her own reasons. It doesn't mean she is dating some other guy. Jiya can't date anyone without telling us!" Pooja shrugged her shoulders.

"I also realised this later but we promised each other that we won't talk unless she reconciles with Aryan. She also agreed and broke the friendship. I am still trying to patch them up against her wish," Monica said with a disappointment.

"How?" Pooja enquired to which Monica narrated the plans from the night of the fest and also the plans of Aryan to propose Jiyasha the very evening.

"Oh gosh! So much things have taken place and I know nothing. I just missed so many important things. I should have not separated from you in the first place," Pooja apologized and hugged Monica again.

"It's okay. We're back together so you can help me now," Monica patted on her shoulders.

"I will but have you ever thought if Jiya gets to know that you are lying to her for everything, she will never forgive you!"