Chapter 45

Chapter 45

The new banners at the college were put up for the students to view them. A group of girls entered the college discussing as to who they should vote and who could be the suitable representative for them other than Jiyasha. Somewhere deep down their hearts, they strongly believed that Jiyasha was their only choice for the post.

The new banners caught their eyes and one of the girls read aloud, "THE VOTERS ARE REQUESTED TO ATTEND THE OPENING CEREMONY OF THE ELECTIONS AT THE COLLEGE AUDITORIUM. THE EARLIER YOU REACH, THE EARLIER YOU GET TO ENJOY IT. AFTER THE CEREMONY IS OVER, THE VOTING ROUNDS WILL COMMENCE."

The students immediately got excited upon hearing of a ceremony in their very own auditorium. One by one, they began to gather at the auditorium in the hope of viewing the lively performances.

After a gathering of an another half an hour, the lights to the auditorium switched off. On the projector screen, a drama began to play where the main roles were played by Samira and Monty at first. Jiyasha and Pooja were hiding themselves at the backstage and giggled.

"Pooja, this is the video which I had recorded at the park hotel. It contains the conversation between Monty and Samira. From this, it will be proved that I was never wrong that night, I will regain the trust which these people had on me."

After the first video got over, the students were astonished at the sight of it. They were feeling guilty for having misbehaved with Jiyasha and mistrusting her. Soon, a second video started playing and Jiyasha laughed. "This one will act as the last nail on the coffin. This particular video was taken by me when Samira and Monty met outside the file room of the college. Then they were later joined by Navin Sir. Everything is captured in it, even Navin Sir's true face will be exposed today which Jatin Sir is unaware of."

"Jiya, why did you crop the video till the time when Navin Sir left? Why did you cut the later portion where Samira's dirty relationship with Monty was to be exposed? They humiliated you and Monica with everything in a very poor way, won't you take revenge?" Pooja asked Jiyasha.

"It's a very shameful act and I'm not like Samira who will publicize such sensitive issues. I can't defame her respect in the public. Whatever we have done is enough for our revenge," Jiyasha said satisfactorily.

****

The news of the videos started spreading like wild fires instantly and it didn't take much of the time to reach every other student who was not present at that time. Samira was waiting outside the college gate when people started bashing her for having betrayed the college with Monty and her own father.

Jatin received the message from Pooja and walked outside along with everyone at his office. Monty was stunned by the acts of his exposure and was left speechless. Samira was led inside the college premises by the other students. Jatin cancelled Monty's candidature and Jiyasha was allowed to stay. Students pleaded for Jiyasha's forgiveness and Jatin ordered for the commencement of the elections.

****

By the late afternoon, voting had completed and Samira was speaking to herself in a corner.  "I need to meet Jimmy once. Everything is over, my brother won't even look at me after this."

Samira dialled Jimmy's number but it was unreachable. She tried many times but those were in vain. She turned around when she felt a light pat on her shoulder. "Jiyasha!"

"Your brother will also forget your name when he comes to know that you are pregnant," Jiyasha warned her in a harsh voice.

Samira gulped as sweat started brewing across her forehead. "Stop lying, I know you are saying this intentionally to put more blame on me and take your revenge."