Epilogue

"Kaiden, honey, wake up," Kai heard the voice from right next to him. His arm was currently wrapped around the woman he loved, holding her close to him under the covers.

He lazily opened one of his eyes and glanced at the beauty in his bed. Her beautiful jade eyes stared back. "Wrong person, luv," he said, before closing his eye again. "How about we don't get up because I do rather like being in bed with you."

He pulled Belle's soft body closer to him, nuzzling his nose in her hair. When she let out a sigh, he felt her move against him.

"Kai," her voice was serious. "It's Addy's birthday today."

He stiffened a little, before sighing and relaxing. "Oops, I forgot," he said, yawning.

"How did you forget her birthday? We've been organizing it for days," Belle scolded him, wriggling out of his arms so she could sit up.

Kai opened his eyes so that he could see his wife, who seemed to be slightly displeased. He reached over to grab her waist, pulling her back down on top of him.

"Maybe it's because you are right here, distracting me," Kai murmured, kissing her. He released her so that he could stretch out his limbs.

"I have to go set the Great Hall," Belle said. Kai reached for her again, but this time, she dodged him.

"Why don't you let the maids set it up?" Kai suggested, watching her frown at him.

"I promised Addy I'd set up with her. She wants everything perfect. Besides, I know how picky and troublesome Liam and Oliver are. I have to properly place them in seats where they can't terrorize the entire table," Belle said, hopping off the bed and walking over to the dresser.

Kai watched her start brushing her hair, making him wish that it was his fingers that were running through her long locks. But he could do that later if he wanted.

"Do you want me to do anything?" he asked.

"Well, you could go pick up Valencia," Belle answered. Valencia was now a famous singer, thanks to Belle, who supported her journey. And she had been invited to Addy's birthday not only to sing, but to hang out with her friends.

After all, Charlotte, Agatha, and Elise were going to be there. Elizabeth hadn't been invited because Belle still held a grudge against her. But both Kai and Kaiden didn't mind either. He didn't want a repeat of her desperate throwing that had happened when he held that competition.

"Anything else while I'm in town?" he asked, finally getting up to his feet.

Belle stepped into her dress, covering her body except for her back, which needed lacing. Kai had become an expert at helping her with her dress so he walked over and automatically started lacing, making sure to brush his fingers against her back. While he did that, he felt her shiver, but she tried to disguise it by pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Um, if you could check up on my father? Make sure that he remembers. Because if you can't, who knows if he will," Belle said, glaring at him through the mirror. He was sure that she was glaring because he had been tickling her.

Kai held up his arms, as if surrendering. "Okay. That's it? I don't have to check up on your sisters?" he asked.

"No," she said, turning around. "They'll remember, unlike you," she stuck her tongue out at him and tapped his nose with her finger. Kai growled and attempted to nip her finger, allowing her to pull her hand back.

He grinned at her when she pressed her lips together into a flat line. "I'll be back soon, luv," he said.

~~~