Ch20 Good People

She turned back and her tone changed. She sounded strict, though not as much as Killer, but definitely something you don't expect from a fairy like her. "Bring him on this bed."
He pointed towards the bed on my right.

The other limped, and landed right next to me.
"Ethan Farrell, if I'm not wrong?" she asked. "Yes ma'am."
"And your name?"
"Cadet Miller, first year, ma'am."

"Alright, what's wrong Miller? You guys are in the football team right?"
"Yes ma'am. I was taking a penalty shot this morning with my right leg, when I accidentally hit Ethan sir's studs. It's paining badly. Specially after these.."
He left it for obvious understanding that the situps worsened his condition. Poor guy, he tolerated this pain whole day to end up in this.

She nodded and asked him to lie down. Then taking his foot in her hand she did a few movements. He cringed in pain, at some of them.
She nodded again, got up and brought a bandage. She covered his whole foot till ankle in some design made by the bandage. That must be some specific way of tying it.

After securing it with a tape, she said "No football for next five days. No running in fact. You can walk, but don't put pressure. I'll write the excuse on your prescription and you can show it to your instructors."

"No offence ma'am but I came to get treated, not to get any excuses. The tournament starts tomorrow, I have to play."
"Look Miller, I know you are not faking your illness. But boy you got some muscles torn in your foot. Thankfully no bones are broken. Otherwise you were never playing football again. Your foot needs rest to recover. You can play the finals though."

Ethan spoke slowly " Finals."
There was pain and anger in that single word.

"I'll get you medicines." And she left.
Ethan looked at me, as if waiting for her to leave.

"How come you're still alive? "

I couldn't understand what he meant, staying in cold water could have killed me??

************************************

Beginning of new friendships...