Ch103 Tring Tring

2030 hours

I reached my room with a freaky smile on my face.
Before I could step in for shower, my daily dose of love called up.

"Hey J."
Uh! I go weak in my knees when he calls me that.

"Yes mr. Martins?"
"Someone is in a nice mood today."

"Yeah. Guess what?"
"Killer didn't bash on you today."
He replied promptly.

"How do you know that!?!"
"Because you didn't start the call with 'I'm gonna kill that son of a'. And even your second dialogue didn't include his name with a curse, despite you spending good hours with his stinky shadow."

I laughed so hard I fell on my bed.
"Either you know me too deeply, or I have a life boring enough to talk only about Killer, so much so that when I'm not talking about him, it looks abnormal."

"Probably both. Hehe. But I'm really surprised. After my dare, I expected him to go extra angry on you. Instead, he's being calm. What's going on there?"
"I have no clue! After his ordeal he almost stopped practicing with me. Yesterday after meeting with Uncle, he told me that we'll start again. And he said things which clearly meant - I can't afford to be rude to you. So don't force me. And guess what? He left without asking me to do the daily Fifty Pushups. Something is definitely wrong or his heart is melting looking at poor me?"

"Looks more like Colonel's order than his heart melting realisation. Pretty sure he gave him a 'suck it up' call."
"Haha Martins! Why didn't I find you earlier? I love to have such conversations with you!"

"Me too honey. Never thought I'll enjoy talking to someone this way. So, ready to go out with me again?"
"Take your clearances first."
I said sternly. I can't let him to dare again.

"I'll see to it. You just be ready. And I'll ensure Ren is busy within the Academy this time."
I covered my red face remembering last time.

"She's the ultimate saviour!"
I defended my pretty girl.

"Oh she definitely is. Mother of all."
"Trust me. It requires immense patience and guts to live with these boys and handle them the way she does."

"Yeah. She's talented. Alright see you soon."
"See you Martins."
He cut the call and I smiled at the phone.

************************************

2200 hours

My pager rings and my guts twist. I was planning to have a peaceful slumber after the heavy dinner. I can't face him right now.

'Mess. 10 minutes.'
His tone was unfaltering straight.

Fuck you!
I screamed at him in my mind and got ready.

As soon as I entered, I saw him sitting at one table. Ren was sitting opposite to him, with her back to me.
And was I hallucinating?
He was smiling.
And not the normal smile, the devilish one. One that meant - Tricked you!

He nodded at me and Ren turned around.
"Hey! Come join us. Nick will be calling us now."

Bitch!
He could have told me that on the call itself. But no. He had to be the heartless bitch he is. I hate this son of a-.

I clenched my jaw and looked him into the eyes while I walked forward.

"Sit."
He said in the softest tone I've heard from him.

Oh ya, he can't say sorry.
And that's his way of apologising for pulling that prank on me.

My anger faded and was replaced by excitement.
"He was supposed to ring us by 2210 hours." Killer said with the age old constipated look on his face.