Twenty-Two

You opened your eyes slowly only to be met by the strong sunlight which came through your window.

Wait.

Images of last night came flashing through your mind, remembering how upset he was because of a nightmare.

You looked to your side to look at him. His chest moved up and down peacefully— as if nothing happened yesterday.

You knew it was creepy to stare at him while he slept, but come on, it's you we're talking here about. No fucks given, amirite?

You were about to caress his cheek but he grabbed your hand stopping you. Your eyes widen in surprise, as he pulls to him and hugs you as if there was no tomorrow.

You inhaled his scent, loving the position you were in. You put your arms around him, smiling. This would be daily if only you could stay with him, everyday.

That made you think of something. You really want to spend the rest of your life with him. You enjoy his presence. His jokes. His laughter. His smile. His eyes. The way he gets shy all of a sudden, and the way he gets all dominant too. You wouldn't change him for anything.

Your love for him is everlasting.

You love him.

He loves you. Well, he says he does.

But that only brings one question to mind..

What are you and Jungkook? Friends with benefits? Lovers? Does he consider you his girlfriend?

Your heart races, should you ask him?

You look up to see if he's awake but when you do, he's already looking at you. He smiles, and you internally scream.

"Good morning." He said in a groggy voice.

You mumbled a quick 'morning', and continued debating wether you should ask him or not.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, concern clear in his voice.

"No, nothing. Let's go eat breakfast." You said sitting up only to be pulled back into bed.

"Let's stay like this a little longer." Jungkook whined, putting his arms and legs around you, like a koala.

"Jungkook." You whined trying to get him off of you.

"Pleaseee~" He pouted and you had no other choice but to give in. You hugged him back and slowly fell asleep.

────── 〔✿〕──────

You walked hand in hand with Jungkook through the park. The question still in your head. Jungkook has noticed that you keep daydreaming but you only waved him off saying you were tired or something.

"Okay, that's it." Was all you heard before being lifted off the ground.

"What? Jungkook! What are you doing?!" You screech.

"I called you several times but you never listened." He said walking while you whined.

You now had a clear view of his butt, trying to not get distracted by it, you kept kicking your feet hoping to disturb him somehow.

You were now on a bench, the view was beautiful and there wasn't many people.

"Yah! Don't ever do that again!" You said and slapped his arm.

He winced and held the spot where you hit him, "Ouch, Noona!" He whined. You rolled your eyes and looked up at the sky.

The weather was not too cold and not too hot. Just perfect. You let your face bathe itself in the sun rays, bringing you a pleasant feeling.

Jungkook composed himself. He wanted to know what was wrong. He knew you well already, too well, to know that something was bothering you. By now, you would've been singing or looking at the dogs their owners come to walk. But you weren't doing that, you were still, so still it scared him.

Did you not want to be with him anymore? Have you gotten bored of him? Did you want to stop talking to him? Did he do something wrong?

Questions like these danced around his mind. He noticed your behavior and breakfast, he thought you were just bored and bringing you to the park would make you feel better.

But it didn't show any results, at least to him.

You on the other hand, felt a little more at peace at this moment. You let the wind blow through your hair. The sun hit your face. You closed your eyes and payed close attention to the sounds around you. Dogs barking, birds chirping, people talking and laughing, what could be better than this?

"Is there something bothering you?" Jungkook spoke up in a much serious tone. He hoped this would let you know that he was really concerned, he hoped this would make you want to open up. You opened your eyes still not looking at him.

And you knew that.

You knew he must've thought he did something wrong. But in all reality, you don't know why that question bothers you so much. You don't really need a label, if you're both happy like this than so be it.

But what happens when someone else comes and grabs his attention? You would practically have no right to protest or say anything, because you're nothing.

You need to hear his response.

"Jungkook...." You started and Jungkook's heart started beating faster.

Did she meet someone else? Does she not love me anymore? Is she going to leave me? That's all his brain asked right now. He was afraid of losing you.

"What are we?" You turned to look at him in the eye.

Jungkook's whole world stopped. His heart pounding in his chest. He didn't want this to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen, he had a plan already.

"W-What?" Jungkook chocked out.

"What are we?" Your voice merely a whisper, scared because of his reaction.

Jungkook looked everywhere but where you were at. His leg bounced up and down. "Um.. well... I-I" he breathed out. "I have to go." He said running off.

Leaving you with a broken heart.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━