[E] Blessings, Love, and Support.

A year and a half later...

"Laila... my little angel, please don't cry." Dunia cradles the little girl in her arms.

"Abbu! Abbu! Abbu!" Laila whines as she throws a fit in her mother's arms.

"Abbu won't be home until later today. Here, play with this." Dunia hands Laila a toy, which instantly stops her crying.

"My Dunia, you're so good at being a mother, Mash'Allah. You make it look you're a professional." Dunia's mother says gleefully.

Dunia fell pregnant a few weeks after the night  that her and Barqat had reconciled. The second Barqat and Dunia found out they were going to be parents, they felt every bit of their life fill up with even more joy. Parenthood was the best thing that's ever happened to them because now they're able to share their unconditional love with their daughter.

A year after having their daughter, they're affection and love has only grown even more than before.

Dunia lays her head on her mother's shoulders, "I'm so exhausted, I haven't been able to sleep for the past week. Being a mother is tough but it's such a blessing that I can't even complain."

"Api, you're giving me baby fever, I want my own so bad." Eliza carefully squeezes Laila's cheeks. "Just. Look. At. Her."

Dunia smirks, "I think I can solve that problem. There are a lot of suitors whom are ready to take you away." She teases.

"API!" Eliza covers her cheeks to stop them from turning red.

"Look at my pretty granddaughter. She has her father's blue eyes. They suit her so well." Dunia's mother admires Laila.

It was almost like Laila understood what her grandmother said, she begins cooing lovingly and crawls to her to sit on her lap.

"Oh my God! Ammi, did you see that?!" Dunia says excitedly.

"I wish I caught that on camera!" Eliza frowns. "Where's Abbu? He's missing out."

"He's coming in about an hour, Insh'Allah. He'll be coming here with Barqat, Adnaan Bhai, and Sabina. Maheen is coming separately because of school."

"OMG, it's going to be a party!" Eliza says enthusiastically.

Dunia's mother rolls her eyes, "Everything's a party for you, Eliza. Being a pre-med student hasn't improved your childish behaviours one bit." 

"Never!" Eliza laughs, making the two other women laugh with her.

• • •

"Ammi, Abbu, please sit." Barqat asks his parents to sit.

He had reconciled his differences with his father and had moved passed his grudge against his step-mother. He even addresses her as Ammi to show respect because she had always wanted him to address her in that way.

Laila stretches out her arms to Barqat and begins cooing, telling him to pick her up.

Barqat picks her up and cuddles with her. Dunia hasn't gotten over the sight of fatherly looking Barqat, it melts her heart every single time. "My sweet baby girl... did you have fun today?"