Chapter 3

Raleigh was bustling with life when Felicity drove into town. She had decided first to check out her sight and get things prepared.

Combing the ground for potholes that may disrupt her show and deciding the ultimate spot for the firing system booth. She took out a black spray can and began to mark the ground where she wanted each thing to sit.

Then she made her way back to the hotel for a bit of dinner before bed. "What the hell?" Felicity huffed as she stepped inside the hotel's Harvest Restaurant.

"I'm sorry ma'am. There was an accident and the restaurants going to be closed for a while. We can recommend a few places near by..." the host told her.

Just what she needed! A restaurant mishap... what was next? Over booked room? No she had her room already. No the next would be the hotel closing down. Or her truck breaking down. She scoffed. That's why she always kept her pickup in pristine condition.

Felicity stormed out of the restaurant in search of something else. Across the street was just what she needed a bar and restaurant in one. She looked for traffic then stomped across the road.

The bar and grill was like any other, dimly lit and smelling of meat. She sat down at the bar and swung her feet back and forth. "what can I get you?"

She looked up at the man behind the bar. He was a flunky man with a big belly and fluffy hair. "The Mediterranean Salad and a Blue Moon tall." Felicity herself never drank, but this was one of the drinks Maverick had always ordered.

"Sure thing."

The bartender walked away putting in her order.

Felicity began to scroll her phone while she waited for her first drink and within a few minutes a drink was sat before her. "Here you go ma'am. Your salad will be up shortly."

"Thank you." She nodded as she lifted the cup to her lips and hoped for the best with her first sip.

A short while later another drink was set before Felicity as was her salad. She had told the bartender to 'keep them coming.' "

Damn." A voice from beside her grumbled causing Felicity to snap her head toward the sound.

"Excuse you?" She snapped her voice now a slight slur. She shook her head, not drunk though, no she would know!

"I mean. You are really packing those drinks down." The man smirked. He too had a heavy slur to his words and had seemed to have packed away more than a few of his own drinks. "Intending to wash away some memories?"

"Nah." She shrugged as she stood from the bar. Her salad was nearly half gone by now. Felicity scooped up her drink in one hand and salad in the next. The pool table reminded her of so many fun times with Maverick. He had ran a bar back home for a few years and more than once had they tangled on one of the pool tables after closing.

The man stood too and followed after her. "My name's Dominic."

"Felicity." She offered as she set her salad bowl down on the edge of the pool table. Her slim fingers grazed the felt as she walked around the table until she got to the cues.

Dominic lifted his hand and running it through his dark hair and pushing it back along his slick hairstyle as he looked down at the floor. "Nice to meet you Felicity. What are you doing in a place like this?"

"I'm going to shoot some pool with my new friend Dominic," she smiled. Felicity wasn't one to flirt often but when she did, her smile lit the room.

Dominic smiled back. "Okay. Solids or stripes?" He questioned as he walked around the pool table as well, picking out his own cue stick.

"I'm a solids type girl." She laughed lightly as she set the balls and placed the cue ball on the table. "You want to break?"

She shimmied around the table allowing her hands to graze the felt once again.

"Yeah. Sure." Dominic nodded as he set his suit coat down on the edge of the pool table.

The two had played so many rounds that they had forgot the actual numbers they were on. Which each game their game got sloppier and more 'touchy-feely.'

"You want to play another round?" Dominic asked as Felicity yawned.

She lifted her millionth beer to her lips, "I think we should head back to the hotel now."

"Oh." Dominic frowned. He was enjoying himself with a wonderful woman unlike any he had met before. He couldn't help but like her. "Uh... well... Can I get your number?" He mumbled drunkenly. Dominic didn't want to chance the girl slipping away when they seemed to connect so well.

"Later." Felicity cooed as she grabbed his collar and slid her finger back and forth across it. "Aren't you coming with me?" She leaned up and pressed her lips to his. That was all it took for the two to become entangled within each other's arms.