Threaten

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Anger bubbled but remained hidden in front of the two who were standing. Wine was sipped at, yet it begged to be brought to another location and enjoyed elsewhere; where was that, though?

Their steps ended, and fake, horrid smiles graced their lips. Why couldn't they just have left? (F/n) shifted herself in her seat, aching to move to the far end of it, but she didn't wish to cower in their presence. Edmund, however, was the braver. He met their orbs: light brown and light green.

"I do hope that you know we weren't expecting guests." Edmund's tone was calm and collected. His eyes were on them, but his gaze looked bored and unimpressed. "I hope that you don't expect us to move." He looked away and partook of some of his drink. The sip was steady as if every drop of crimson mocked the older couple's existence.

(F/n) had trouble enough staying in her seat, so she was very thankful for Edmund's display. Her fingers wrapped around the stem of her wine glass, and some of her nails tapped against it lightly. "We won't take ... much of your time," Mr. Daxni remarked as his attention shifted onto (f/n). She wanted to shrink in her chair, but she forced herself to maintain her posture. Edmund, however, lowered his glass slowly while his eyes watched her ex's father like a hawk. The hesitation in the older man's voice was anything but reassuring.

"We just wanted to check on (f/n). We haven't heard from her since the funeral." Mrs. Daxni contained sympathy in her eyes towards (f/n), but (f/n) refused to meet the woman's light brown eyes. "But, it would seem that she's doing quite fine." Her tone was accusing as if she was doing something wrong. That struck both the wrong cords in (f/n) and Edmund.

"Yes, I am." Now, her eyes fell upon the two. Mrs. Daxni had her sandy brown locks pulled back into a tight, tidy bun. An off-white, blouse and skirt covered her form while her feet were in matching linen heels. Pearl accessories decorated her. "And, you look fine as ever." Whether that remark was an insult, compliment or both, (f/n) didn't care, but her tone was harsh and unforgiving.

"We're glad to hear that." Mr. Daxni stepped in front of his wife a little. He wore a grey suit, blue and white striped shirt and red tie. His sandy brown locks were combed to the side, but the look didn't do anything for him. "Though, don't you think it's too soon?"

She could tell that the man was attempting to hold back a small smirk, and that fueled the fire within her more. Almost, she felt like she might break her glass in two. "No. Now, you've checked on me." Her eyes glanced between the two of them. "You should leave."

Mrs. Daxni shifted on her feet awkwardly as her lips were pulled into a tight line. Her cheeks heated a little at the disrespect offered to her. "You ..."

"I don't want to hear it." Her (e/c) eyes pierced into the older woman's. "I'm doing nothing wrong. If anything, both of you should apologize to me. You had known about him cheating on me, yet you hadn't said a word. Instead, that nurse had informed me. And, now you're reprimanding me about moving on?" She released a sharp laugh. "You have no right."

"Apologize?" Mr. Daxni laughed in bitter amusement. His eyes turned over to Edmund, who wore an unreadable expression. "You sent this uninvited man to our son's funeral and had him threaten Gina."