Ch.12

"You're joking right?" Adeline asked, as she stood up from her seat.

"Who is it?" Dan asked, curious.

She waved her hand at him, signaling him to be quiet.

"So you're telling me that Theo, Serena's boyfriend, has called you the family lawyers to help me fight against a lawsuit that his girlfriend's family has filed?" Adeline asked, trying to clarify to shocking event that has just happened in front of her. 

Sarah laughed, completely understanding why Adeline was confused.

"Ma'am. We will do everything to help you and this hospital. You're right when you say that Hundreds of people shouldn't suffer because of Serena. And quiet frankly we believe that you don't deserve to suffer as well. So yes, we are here to help you to the best of our abilities." 

"Words can't explain how thankful I am for you and your brother's help. So, where do we go from here?" Adeline asked.

"Evidence. We need as much evidence as possible. Now this is crucial. Do not let  Serena and her family know about whatever evidence you and your hospital gather. We can catch them off guard with whatever we pull up. You said that Serena started the whole commotion, and with the right amount of proof we can make it look like you were defending yourself. Rather that you punched her because she annoyed you." Sarah started.

"Alright, evidence. Anything else?" 

"Stay away from Serena and her family from now on." Luca spoke up, signaling that they were having a 3-way call. 

"Yeah... Um about that." Adeline started, but Luca stopped her.

"We know. Theo already informed us. What you did and said was bad but we can't turn back time. All we can do now i focus on the present. Serena's lawyer is probably going to encourage her to do whatever it takes to spite you. So avoid her at all costs. Don't let her get to you." Luca stated.

"We'll be flying out to have a meeting with you and whomever you wish to be present in this meeting. This fight is going to be ugly. Once Serena finds out who your lawyers are all hell will break loose, and we have to be ready for that." Sarah reminded.

Adeline agreed, and ended the phone call. She turned to Dan who was still in the room, wondering who gave her the phone call.

"Well, who was it?"

Adeline sighed, not believing the miracle that just happened.

"Old colleagues." 

**

Zander and Emersyn were munching on their lunch, and were shocked when Adeline grabbed their arms and dragged them away from their food. She quickly shoved them into the room where Dan was waiting. 

"Are we in trouble?" Emersyn asked, looking at her boss nervously.

Dan chuckled,

"No, but we do need your help."

"On a surgery? Sorry boss, I got back to back surgeries after my supposed lunch break, which was rudely disturbed by Adeline." Zander huffed, still angry about his forgotten Sand which. 

"Serena is suing  me and this hospital." Adeline started, shutting her friends up.

"And that means hundreds of people are in jeopardy of loosing their jobs. But we got lucky. We got a great legal team who is willing to help us, and I brought you 2 here because I know I can't do this alone."

The 2 understood what she asking, and smiled. Happy at the idea of helping their friend against that horrible woman. Right before Dan could ask something there was a knock to the door. The 4 looked at each other, wondering who it could be. Adeline opened the door and was no shocked at who she saw.

"Luca and Sarah called... Please tell me you said yes to them." Theo asked, nervous to see her and to hear her reply.

Adeline looked back at her friends, seeing if they were okay with letting Theo in. They nodded their heads and she did so. 

"Thank you for calling them." Adeline started, 

"And yes, I told them I would be more than happy for their help."

Theo relaxed, seeing how the Hospital was now equipped with an amazing legal team. 

"Great..I just wanted to make sure you got the best help..I'll leave you guys alone, seems like I disturbed a meeting you guys were having." Theo said and headed towards the doors.

But a voice stopped him. A voice he didn't expect to hear.

"Wait." Adeline called out.

Theo froze, and turned around. He raised an eyebrow, wondering what she could want from him.

"Serena.. She took almost everything from me. She took away my happiness, my confidence in myself, my old life, and she took you away. It took me a long time to become the person that I am right now, and now she's back. And she wants to ruin me. Again. But this time she threatens this hospital as well. She did the one thing that I know she'll regret. She threatened my family. And I will do everything in my power to bring that venomous woman down...You claim you don't love her anymore. You claim that she is nothing but someone who sucks the light out of everyone. You even called your own lawyers to help fight against hers. So my question for you is.....Are you in?"