Ch.23

Theo adjusted his tie in front of the mirror and took a deep breath. Then there was a knock on the door and he turned to see James.

"Hey. So it's starting soon. You ready?" James asked.

Theo smiled at the idea that the ceremony was starting soon.

"Let's go." Theo said with a smile as he heard people started walking towards the procession area.

**

Meanwhile, Adeline was touching up her hair and make up one last time. She smiled at the reflection she saw in the mirror. Her hair was curled to perfection, it was styled in a half-up-half-down hairstyle, and her make up had this natural look to it.

There was a knock to their room and in came the wedding planner.

"It's 10:50Am! Time to go! We can not afford to be running late!" She hissed and closed the door.

Adeline smiled, and quickly walked over to another door, which led to a private room.  She knocked on it and called out.

"Zander! Hurry up! You're wedding planner looks like she ready to rip off heads." She joked around.

And soon enough the door opened revealing Zander in a dashing suit and tie. He had an excited look to his face. Adeline smiled back at him, and wrapped her arms around his.

"Are you ready to get married?"

"Hell yeah."

****

Everyone was sitting in their chairs waiting for the ceremony to start, and within seconds the orchestra started to play music. Everyone stood up and turned to back. Out came the party one by one. Each girl walking down held a small bouquet of flowers and the men had a white rose pinned to their suit. And then Adeline came out, looking beautiful in a dark blue gown. She had a warm smile on her face as she kept walking.

"Wow" a voice whispered.

Theo turned his head to see James looking at Adeline in adoration as she made her way to the altar. He saw how when she went to her spot she scanned the crowd and how her eyes immediately landed on James. She smiled back at him and gave a small wave to him.

James gave her a bright smile and 2 thumbs up, whispering the words,

"You didn't fall!"

That caused her to chuckle and the groomsman who stood behind her poked her back, signaling her to be quiet. Because out came Jeremy, with his parents, as they walked down the aisle.

When he got to the altar he took his spot to the right, and then out came Zander. He too had both his parents by his side as they walked down the aisle. When he reached the altar he took his spot to the left where Adeline was.

The processioner then signaled for everyone to sit down and the ceremony started.

****

After the ceremony, everyone headed towards the venue where it was a dance party. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing, some were barefoot, and others were dancing with a glass of wine in one hand.

Theo took off his jacket and placed it on the chair as he examined the happy atmosphere. Everyone was having a good time. He then spotted James and Adeline dancing together. The 2 were laughing and it looked like they were having the time of their life.

He took a deep breath, grabbed a glass of champagne, and then headed outside. In the backyard was a beautiful garden and it was a good place to just calm down and enjoy the cool breeze outside.

"Theo! Wait up!" A voice called out.

He turned and saw Adeline running up to him with a glass in hand. He waited in his spot as she caught up to him.

"Where you going? The party is inside." Adeline asked.

"Just wanted to get some fresh air. Loud crowds aren't my favorite places to be sometimes." Theo responded keeping his eye at the sky.

Adeline nodded her head. And the 2 were just standing there. In a comfortable silence. The stars were shining bright and it truly was a beautiful sight.
And Adeline knew this was the perfect place and time for this.

"I had a dream. When I was in a coma..." she started.

Theo looked at her confused.

"Yeah. I know. You told me already... Are you alright? Are you losing your memories?!" Theo asked, panicking.

"What? No! Shut up and just listen okay?" Adeline replied.

Theo looked at her skeptically then nodded his head. Adeline took a deep breath.

"I wasn't fully honest with you when I told you about that dream."

Theo tilted his head to the side, confused at where she was going with this story.

"There was a moment in that dream..where you and I talked right before you died.. and it had me thinking. What if I had died in real life? There are so many things in my life I have yet to do. So many things in my life I want to accomplish. And so many things I want to tell you."

She hated the fact that she was getting a little nervous. She was desperately hoping that Theo wasn't getting the wrong idea at the moment.

"Theo..I forgive you." She announced.

"I can't live my life hating you when I made a promise to our son that we would do our best to stay on good grounds with one another. And I don't want to live a life where I will always have this anger boiling inside of me whenever I would see you. That's not the life I want to live. And I don't want you to live your life like your in debt to make up for what you did to me. I forgive you and I want you and I to start new. To start fresh. For our son and more importantly for ourselves."

Theo was standing there in shock. He never thought Adeline would say that to him. While Adeline, was anxiously waiting for a reply back from him. Theo then smiled at her,

"I may never be able to fix the relationship, the friendship, that I broke. Things will probably never be them same. But I can promise you this." The stated, turning fully towards her.

Adeline tilted her head, and had a confused look on her face.

"Whenever you need me. I'll be there. You can rely on me, anytime and anywhere I'll be there. I can't afford to mess up this second chance."

Adeline smiled at him, and raised her glass to him and he did to her.

"To new beginnings."

The 2 drank their Champagne and the peaceful atmosphere was broken when a voice called out,

"Adeline! They're doing a Congo line for limbo! Let's go!"

The 2 turned their head and saw a happy James patiently waiting for Adeline. She chuckled at his goofiness, and turned to Theo.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Didn't you hear? They're playing limbo, and last time I checked I kick ass at this game."

Theo scoffed at her,

"Is this a competition now? Because I can assure you  I'll win."

The 2 laughed at each other and headed back to the ceremony. Ready to start not only the game but a new friendship in their life.

But just before heading indoors Adeline turned. Facing the night sky and the stars shining bright. A warm smile appeared on her face as she gazed at the stars and whispered.

"Thank you."
*****
This is the end everyone(:
I'm so sorry it took me 2 thousand years to write this!  I hope you can understand that things got a little crazy so i didn't have the time.
Thank you so much for reading! I love and thank each and every one of you for reading, commenting, and liking( hehe is that what that star is?)
Any-who, idk if i'll write another story. We'll see(:
But please, everyone be safe and stay healthy during this unprecedented time.
Bye guys! (: