- Chapter 9 -

As hard as it was for me to write this chapter, I kinda like it.. Hope you do too. :)

Song of the chapter:
Scars by Miley Cyrus

I feel like this song is reeeeeally good for this whole story. I mean, the way that she can't forget what Austin did to her.. Okay. I'll stop talking. Goodbye.

__________

● Juliet Saunders ●

His hands rested on my back and pulled me into him tighter, allowing me to feel his body pressed up against mine. My hands moved to the back of his neck, keeping him close.

This kiss was originally meant to get Colton away from me, but it ended up being more than that. It was almost to the point where I forgot there was a real reason behind doing it.

It's not because you like Austin. You're doing it to get that douche bag off your back. I forced myself to think.

Yeah, I legitimately forced myself to think that. I knew deep down that this was what I've wanted for so long, and now that it was happening, I couldn't get myself to stop.

The way his lips were soft and warm gave me the feeling like I was melting into him. It was obvious that he knew what he was doing and that didn't surprise me. After all, he's been with so many girls in the past. Most of those girls being complete sluts, may I add.

And it was when that thought crossed my mind when I pulled away, my eyes slowly fluttering open and seeing his hazel eyes scanning mine for my next move. But that was the thing-- I didn't know my next move. I had no idea what to do. It all happened so fast that I didn't have the opportunity to consider the aftermath of my actions. So, I just stood there, hoping that he would do something.

Do something! You can't stand here forever! My thoughts screamed.

Just as I was about to let whatever words I could think of come out of my mouth, my phone began to ring in my back pocket.

Without hesitation, I tore myself away from him and removed my phone from my pocket, answering it eagerly. Obviously I was too eager because by the tone of Whitney's voice, I could tell she knew something was up.

"Uh, what's up?" I asked biting my lip nervously and sliding my other hand in my pocket.

"Nothing, I was just going to tell you that Alex and Robert found a place for lunch," She started slowly. "Is everything okay?"

Nervously clearing my throat, I nodded although she couldn't see me anyways. "Yeah, why? Is everything okay with you?"

Maybe if I turn it around on her, it will throw her off. I thought.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She laughed. "Just go to the restaurant by the arcade and we'll meet you there. Okay? See you there!"

Before I could choke out a response, the line went dead. Letting out a heavy exhale, I shoved my phone back in my pocket and shut my eyes extremely tight, hoping that when I opened them Colton would be gone. If he wasn't, I just created an even more awkward situation with Austin for nothing.

Turning my head around so that I was looking over my shoulder, I scanned the boardwalk for the boy I was avoiding deliberately. I looked to the left, the right, and I even squinted to see if he was extremely far down.

But he wasn't. He was gone.

A wave of relief crashed over me knowing that I had accomplished what I had set out to do. I still had a problem in my hands, but not one with Colton. Now I didn't have to worry about him at all.