Airport

"You cannot be serious about this," I said, when I saw Scooby sat in the Mystery Machine wearing, a dress, sun hat and glasses.

"Like, why not?" Shaggy asked, seeming dejected at my refusal of his disguise for Scooby.

"It just looks wrong," I admitted, as I loaded my things into the van, and got in beside him.

"Like, just go with the flow Avery. It's only Grandma," Shaggy winked at me.

"Reah Ravery- ro rith ruh row," Scooby said, making actions like waves with his paws.

"Oh my God," I muttered, as I rolled my eyes.

It was typical family holiday process- get the luggage out of the back with Shaggy and... Grandma... and then wheel it to the airport, get the cases weighed and sent to the plane, then get through security.

Shaggy and I were through without any problems, but Scooby and the security guard had a slight disagreement about who should pat him down once the metal gateway had gone off.

"RI'm a rady!" Scooby protested, as a man went to pat him down.

"With a voice like that?" asked the security guard.

"Ron't rou rell me row to ralk!" Scooby exclaimed, wagging a claw at the security guard.

Scooby had then been patted down by a female guard as I clung to Shaggy for support as my laughter sent me nearly to the floor.

Walking into Departures, I could see some orange, and then some blue beside it coming our way.

"I'm erm... nipping to the restrooms," I told the guys shakily.

Shaggy nodded, looking a bit creeped out, but Scooby looked ahead and saw who I could only assume were Fred and Velma, sending me the most sympathetic smile a dog could muster.

I locked myself in a cubicle, taking deep breaths as I thought about facing them... I couldn't do it.

I just couldn't.

Not with how I left. They probably hated me. I hadn't kept in contact with either of them.

I couldn't go through with this... I'd just bin my ticket and walk out of here; I mean, I could have my luggage sent back to my apartment, right?

Yeah.... that settled it.

I burst out of the cublicle, marching out of the restrooms, and towards Shaggy's shaggy mop of hair, and 'Grandma's' straw hat, as they bobbed through the crowds.

I was about to catch up to them, when I saw them greeting Fred and Velma... my heart dropped.

Then they all looked towards hand-luggage, and I saw a woman in purple arguing with the flight attendant as about twelve carry-on bags surrounded her.

Even from where I was, I could see Fred look her up and down and smirk approvingly. That made me sick.

Suddenly Shaggy's head was turning this way and that, and I knew he was looking for me.

I turned, so I was looking at a sign, and knew he'd seen me what with how he called my name. I cringed, and turned around to find everyone staring at me.

Shaggy beckoned me over frantically as I stood, dead in my tracks.

I eventually convinced my feet to start moving forward, and I walked stiffly up to 'the gang'.

I finally reached them, but before anyone could say anything, my phone started to ring. I didn't even try to hide the sigh of relief that came from my mouth when this happened- saved by the bell.

"It's Aaron," I muttered to Shaggy, gesturing I had to take the call from one of the directors I worked for.

He just told me about a few casting changes in one of my movies for him, and then asked for a deadline on the script I was writing currently. That was all. But I glanced over my shoulder briefly to see Daphne looking at me in disbelief, Fred looking somewhat... jealous? and Velma seeming impressed.

I then realised that they don't know I work for him... for all they know, I could be dating him. Ha! The thought! The thought made me smile as Aaron droned on, and Fred seemed even worse, clearly thinking it was Aaron making me laugh- this obviously made me grin even more... oh this was fun.

When Aaron and I had finished talking, it was time to board.

We all showed our passports, and got into the tunnel thing to the plane.

I looked at Shaggy's ticket.

"Hey we're not sat together!" I pouted.

"No!" Shaggy frowned in realisation.

I sighed, dreading who I'd be sat next to... oh well, at least I had a window seat.

"See you when we get off then," I quickly hugged him once we were on board and continued up the aisle, while he took his seat at the front.

I threw my handbag into the overhead compartment, but keeping my laptop down.

I scooted over to the window seat and looked out at the runway, as I strapped myself in.

"Wow, looks like we're sat together," an all too familiar voice declared as I had closed my eyes in contentment.

I slowly opened my eyes, dreading looking to who was sat next to me...

My suspicions were soon confirmed...

Fred.