i. rain

chapter one!! here we go!

-

there he was again

there he was again.

that boy. the boy that sat on the opposed side of the stadium.

taehyung often wondered how he was able to see the lad considering the distance from the alternate directions, yet he could. he had noticed the boys eyes first. he could see how the boy would desperately try to follow each game played, his retinas locked to the ball as it bounced from one end of the pitch to the other. the next noticeable feature was his posture. the stance was as unnatural as could be, his back unusually straightened and his neck curving downwards, though he was trying to hide. thirdly, taehyung pondered his very being.

why was this boy so intent on the game?

why would he only be here on wednesdays?

why did taehyung care so much?

and it was no different this day. taehyung, once again, found himself incredibly curious as to the presence of the boy sitting across. today, he wore a navy collared shirt, his vest peaking out from under. his knees could just about be seen due to his upright position. taehyung's eyes squinted, trying immensely hard to see if the boy was watching the game as queerly as he usually did.

a whistle blew.

the players scattered. break. taehyung did not move; his eyes still poised on the boy as he began to move, his back bending and his butt sliding down onto the seat.

i wonder if you're as intruiging close up, mystery boy...

"taehyung." he snapped from his gaze as a hand landed on his shoulder. his father stood behind him, a stern expression laid upon his normally smoothed, emotionless face.

"dad, hi." he replied, standing up immediately, turning to face his father in the row up with a smile and a miniscule bow.

"i'm grabbing lunch, you want?"

his father was the owner of the stadium. taehyung had never showed any signs of interest in the middle aged man's job, until about a year before. he'd never been to an official game, he'd only appear for the football practices such as this one, then sit in the stands and observe the boys prance around with such vigour that taehyung often questioned if he'd feel as passionate if he ever tried.

"i'm alright, dad." he gently shook his head, his hands diving into the pockets of his jeans, his hands accidentally grazing the softened cardboard box that laid there.

a drop of wetness landed on his forehead. naturally, taehyung looked up and his eyes met with grey.

"shit, i've got to shut the pavilion." his father then stated, turning and inching quickly down the aisle.

taehyung sighed, the encounter with his father making his heart pound dangerously more than necessarily.

he turned on his heels, hoping, praying, if he tried hard enough he'd be able to catch the boy's eyes change. twinkle. bend into a smile. anything.

to his dismay, the boy was gone.

a cascade of rain fell.

-

mysterious vibes :)))))