vi. warmth of a stranger

-

come on, taehyung, show yourself

come on, taehyung, show yourself. come on, goddamn it!

it was unlike jeon jungkook to worry over some guy. it was unlike jeon jungkook to worry over anyone, let alone a doe-eyed deer who he'd met only once, and who he'd lied to multiple times, and been both afraid of and attracted to.

he sat awkwardly in the stands, trying to keep focus on the players beneath him. his mind kept frustratingly wandering to kim taehyung, something he did not want to think about at all, let alone now.

he had to focus on the game. he just had to. it'd be wrong not to. he knew that.

he watched as the men passed the ball from foot to foot-

homework, fuck, i have homework.

one alpha male screeched at the top of his lungs at an obvious beta, who cowarded below, apologising for his wrongdoings-

dinner. hyung has gone shopping, i should at least make us all dinner.

jungkook groaned, leaning forwards and catching his face in his hands. what was the point in this if he focused on legitimately anything other than the game?

it's a wednesday, after all. where are you, kim taehyung?

his phone pinged from his back pocket, and he reached to light up the screen.

you have 1 new message(s) from yoongi.

yoongi 4:15pm
where are u?? need to
show u something bro

frowning, he typed a reply hurriedly.

me 4:15pm
what is it?? im out rn

yoongi 4:16pm
studying with jimin?

me 4:16pm
so what if i am? what's
it to you?

yoongi 4:16pm
park jimin is a slut
don't even get me started
young man

me 4:17pm
what do u need to
show me hyung

yoongi 4:17pm
there's this beat i made
and i think it's the big
break... need u to check
it out. come home NOW

jungkook was smiling, grinning in fact, his pearly whites glistening in the sun. he began to type back an excited 'sure!' when someone spoke from next to him and made him drop his phone.

"so min yoongi is a real person, huh?"

"fuck!" jungkook yelped, looking down at the floor, then up to see who'd addressed him.