15 | JASPER HALE

A/N: All i can say is sorry and hope that this makes up for the lack of updates???

//

Okay, so it wasn't her most glorious moment; spewing water everywhere from her mouth. But to be fair, she had just received shocking news, whether Bella knew it or not. Speaking of Bella, the brunette girl was staring in surprise and disbelief, with a few droplets of water on her shirt that had come from Nova's spit take.

Nova went on autopilot as she set her water bottle back onto the table. She struggled to cope with the revelation. Jasper was her sister's boyfriend's brother? Did that make Jasper's last name Cullen? Wait... he was adopted, though. Maybe it was something else.

The white-haired girl slowly began slipping out of her dazed state as the pieces clicked into place. Edward had left Bella at the same time that Jasper had stopped texting Nova. Plus, Bella had said that the Cullen's had a member of their family named Emmett.

It couldn't be a coincidence, right?

While Nova was shaking herself out of her stunned state of mind, she realized Bella was speaking. The white-haired girl began tuning back in and listening.

"-- is wrong with you? Nova?" Bella was saying, waving a hand in front of her sister's face.

Nova blinked. Then blinked again. Finally, she gathered her wits and asked meekly, "The Cullen's have a son named Jasper?"

Bella narrowed her eyes in both confusion and suspicion. "Yes..." The brunette girl eyed her twin, expression switching to curiosity. "Why do you look so surprised?"

Nova opened her mouth to reply, but found she had no words. She didn't even know where to begin! Did she ask more questions to confirm it was Jasper? Did she tell Bella about her 'texting bud'? Did she ask more about the Cullen's? Did she apologize for spewing her water everywhere?

Finally, all that left her lips was, "Jasper Cullen."

Bella corrected her, "Jasper Hale. He and Rosalie go by Hale."

"Jasper Hale," Nova repeated softly. "Holy shit."

"...Am I missing something?" Bella queried hesitantly.

Nova couldn't help but laugh. "You're missing everything, as usual, klutz," she teased. Bella was obviously restraining from rolling her eyes. Before the brunette twin could reply, Nova was blurting out, "I've been texting Jasper."

Bella stared for a moment. Nova held her gaze evenly, but their eye contact was broken when Bella finally blinked.

"What?" Bella asked in a flat tone.

"Jasper is my texting bud," Nova elaborated.

Bella continued staring. After a small pause, she was asking, "How do you know?"