🌹 The New Dragonslayer

"Gajeel. . ." Gabbey murmured from her spot on the bed, face pressed into a pillow. 

    "Yeah?"

    "What are we doing today?"

    "Nothing that is set, why?"

    "I want to die."

Gajeel let out a sigh as he leaned pushed himself up into a sitting position - making Gabbriel jostle around from the sudden movement. Before the sun had even risen, Gabbey had walked into Gajeel's room and passed back out on his bed. 

Didn't say a word. Just plopped down and passed out. So Gajeel - in his sleepy mind - murmured; "What the hell?" - and fell back asleep. 

But that was hours ago. The sun was now shining high in the sky - and the Redfox twins have been up for a while now. They were just taking in the silence. 

    "It's not that far away. . .A month at least, right?" Gajeel grunted out, knowing exactly why Gabbriel's mood was getting worse with each passing day. 

    "Fourty-eight days - so six weeks and a couple days."  She replied almost instantly. The twenty-one year old always kept count. Always.

    "When it's closer to time, tell me what you plan to do." Gajeel put a hand on her head lightly, ruffling her hair up a bit. "You know I'm here."

    "Thanks, Nee." Gabbey hesitated slightly before continuing. "I. . .I think I might take Levy."

    "Levy?" 

Gabbey didn't have to look up to see Gajeel's face was one of shock. The only person she ever took was Gajeel - that's it. "Yeah. . .I - uh, shit this is going to be cheesy. I think Levy's the closest thing I'm going to have to a girl best friend."

As much as Gabbriel didn't want to admit it - the short blue-haired girl was growing on her. For most of the week all Levy and Gabbriel have done was hang out. Whether it was talking in the guild-hall or just walking around Magnolia, she had gotten closer to her. 

She knew a lot about Levy - she told her about all her favorite things besides reading - her secrets, her past, her family, even which boys she thought were cute. But, in return, Gabbey shared a little about her own life. 

Not the hard parts, of course not. Gabbey would never share the deep scars that littered her body - mentally and figuratively. 

But, she told Levy about some of her time in Phantom Lord, what her hobbies and favorites were. She even told her some light secrets. Levy was the first person - first woman - that Gabbriel had easily became friends with. 

Yes, she had Juvia - she would kill for Juvia - but the other bluenette has been so infatuated with Gray that they barely talk anymore. Levy was just. . .Levy. 

    "You're right, that was cheesy." Gajeel agreed, making Gabbriel groan in disgust. "But - if you really want to take Levy to Oak Town, do it. Don't feel obligated to take her, have her earn it."

    "Earn it. . ." Gabbey murmured. "Got it. . ."

    "Now, what we're going to do next is get ready for the day. We're going to go to the guild hall and eat some of Mira's food, some cherries, and some metal. Maybe talk to some people. Maybe. No excuses."

    "Fine."

So, the two of them got ready. Gabbriel wore her usual dress, tights, boots, so on. But, she pulled up half her hair into a small ponytail and left the rest to cover her back. She changed a few of her piercings before walking into their living room.