Chapter 25

I moved my hands across one another and took a deep breath, trying to calm my beating heart. I was anxious, nervous, not ready to meet the pack but knowing that I had to. I was standing inside the doorway leading outside, waiting for them to call on me.

I had no idea how they would react, especially since I had taken so long to introduce myself to them properly. I knew that it wasn't my fault, but I knew that some people would blame me or something.

"This should be good practice for you," Carver said, who had been waiting with me. He was going to be introduced as well, but mainly as my advisor. He was calm and collected, but I knew that he was nervous as well. "You will have to call on everyone else."

I nodded my head. "I know," I said softly. "But, I have known or met them as a child. This, this is a group of new people that Brody has known all his life. I don't know if they will be accepting of me, of the changes that I will be bringing to their pack."

Carver stayed silent and nodded his head. He thought for a minute before looking at me. "Do you think that they will be accepting of the changes of a Wolf becoming King?"

I paused and pondered the question he was asking. "I think... that they would be ok with him being King," I replied. "However, I think that the problem will be when I have children, and they are taking over our places as rulers."

Carver nodded his head. "There will be a lot of changes," he mused, and I nodded. "Some good and some bad."

"And, I am worried about the bad ones," I replied. I licked my lips and bounced on my feet as I waited anxiously for the door to open.

I could tell that Trevor was worried too because he was feeling my anxiety of not knowing if I would be accepted to the pack or not.

He and I knew that some members of the pack would accept me because I had saved their children's lives, and some of them, the kids, were fond of me and tried to seek me out.

However, the mass majority didn't know me and had only heard what my uncle had done that freaked me out. They had no idea if I was like him or not, and I prayed that they would accept me long enough to let me show them my true self.

"Your father used to be afraid of bad changes, too," Carver mused, and I looked at him. "He was worried about the Werewolves and if he was doing the right thing by allying with them."

I furrowed my brows. "But, he did," I said.

"He did," Carver confirmed. "He chose to have an alliance with them, but that didn't stop the worry."

"Why did he set up the alliance?" I asked, furrowing my brows. "I mean, I know that Grandfather didn't set it up because of the fear that they would turn against us, but why him?"

"He set it up because of you," Carver said. "He didn't want you to have to deal with what he had to face."

"He did know that..?"

Carver nodded his head, his face darkening. Anger flashed through his eyes, and for a moment, he looked like a dangerous man that would harm anyone if he had the chance. "Yes," he said, nodding his head. "He knew that your uncle would kill him."

I furrowed my brows. "Then why didn't he..?"

Carver shrugged. "I tried to ask him, but he kept changing the subject."

"Could he have been underneath a spell?" I asked, and Carver furrowed his brows and cocked his head while he thought about what I said.

"Perhaps..." he said. "It'd have to be a very powerful Warlock though for it to happen."

"How come?" I asked frowning. "I mean, do we have a special power or something that makes it hard for us to be controlled?"

"You do realize that you have powers, right?" Carver asked, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Healing and able to change someone's emotion," I said. "Those are my powers."

"There are others," he said, and I raised an eyebrow in question. He nodded in confirmation. "You have other powers as well as those. You are a daughter of a very powerful king and queen."

"What are they then?" I asked, furrowing my brows. "Or do you know?"

"Not yet, I don't. I have a few theories, but we can worry about those later." He looked at the door when it opened and looked back at me. Worry filled his eyes, and I could tell that he was nervous. "For now, it is time for you to become the Luna of this pack."