Chapter - 24

They finally cleared the entrance away and entered it, taking a different direction until they entered a dark room through a narrow gap. They looked around and Rick shot at the top of a mirror, making it lift and showing the light by reflecting the other mirrors, showing loads of gold everywhere.

Suddenly, they heard short, high shrieks and saw mummified hands burst through the floor. The four friends then saw the rest of the mummies climb up. "Who the hell are these guys?" Rick asked.

"Priests. The Creature's priests." Ardeth replied.

"Alright then," Rick said simply and started shooting, followed by Ardeth. Jonathon grabbed Rick's pistols and started shooting as well. They looked around and saw a clear bit leading away, so grabbed the others and they all ran in the direction.

They ran still shooting the mummies, as they took turns and then entered a room to only realise that they were now all lost with no clue where they would find the statue of horus or where they were at that moment.

They were surrounded by the priests, with no escape, they saw the mummies approach them slowly, Rick loaded his gun and said "hey! Desert Guy, if I don't make out of here, will you take care of her, till your last breath?"

Ardeth looked at Rick and nods " Until my last breath and even after that"

Suddenly the floor beneath them vanished and they fell, the floor reappeared over their head, there was not much height that they could stand. They looked in front of themselves to see Jasmine looking at them with a smile.

"As touching as that was, both of you, but I love you two very much to let you die at the hands of ugly mummy priests." She joked as she told them to follow her.

They followed her, taking some turns and twists, she removed a piece of stone above her and pulled herself out, they followed her and then smiled, seeing the statue of Horus before her. "Hello Horus old boy," Jonathon said, running to its base. Jasmine followed and was joined by Rick and Ardeth to hear a second later a bang goes off. They looked to see the passageway partly closed. They didn't waste time as they looked for the secret door, which didn't take long, and started to pry it open.

Ardeth loaded his gun and when all four heard the mummies approach, Rick said through a grunt, "They just don't give up do they."

Ardeth turned to the three. "Stop the creature. Save the girl. I will take care of his priests."

Ardeth started walking away as Jasmine ran to him and shouted at him in Arabic, "No!" He turned to her, "I- I can't, I refuse to lose you again."

"I thought you were the optimistic one." Jasmine couldn't help but smile at Ardeth's comment.

He stroked her cheek and whispered in Arabic, "My Queen." He then couldn't help himself, he placed his lips firmly on hers and after feeling her press back, he broke away and ran straight into the mob of mummies, shooting at them and leading them away from the other three.

Rick and Jonathon stood beside her and Jonathon handed Jasmine the book of Amun-Ra. "We have it." He said softly.

Jasmine stroked the book and nodded, "Time to end it." The two men nodded and the trio walked out of the room and down another passage, straight towards Imhotep.