Chapter - 28

The morning seems to start early in this tribe, as Jasmine heard people out and ready for their day extremely early in the morning. The sun had just begun to rise and judging from the sound that was coming from outside, seems like the whole tribe was now awake and started their day. She could hear giggles coming from outside her tent which made her curious about the reason. She peeked out of her tent only to find a certain medjai chieftain sitting outside leaned against her tent asleep. She smiled and carefully pulled him in and laid him her bed, whispering him softly that it's just her and it's okay before he wakes up.

After making sure he's comfortable, she went to get fresh and changed, her new friend surely loved dressing her up while telling her stories of her husband and children when they were younger. She was ready, as she moved back to her tent, her brother rushed to her and holds her.

"What the hell happened yesterday?!"

Internally, she was panicking unable to decide what to say. she was hoping to delay this confrontation for much later, but, seeing the current situation luck was not in her favour. Jasmine calmly held her facade. "Rick, i can explain."

"I know all that i should, you said to give him a chance and i did. And what did I get? My sister fighting with her life on the line for an idiot who actually let that happen!!!" Rick shouted. Jasmine was startled, not used to her brother being this way. She looked at him, eyes teared up. "We are leaving. That is final." Rick said firmly leaving no room for argument. As Rick pulled her away, she saw the elder's daughter smirking at her. Jasmine could feel rage fill her surely that was in her eyes as well as she saw her run away. Jasmine looked back at the tent where Ardeth was sleep unaware of what was happening right now.

"Rick, just let me take my stuff from my tent"

"No need, Eve already got it"

Jasmine felt her heart heavy and eyes damp as she continued to walk behind her brother, she looked back to see her new friend and glanced towards the tent, that was all needed, she gave her a bow and praying for her safe return, winking at her as she started to make her way towards the tent as Jasmine wanted her too. Jasmine thanked God for her kind friend that helped and took care of her every time she was here. Jasmine quietly turned around and continued to walk beside her brother. They got on camels again and continued on their way towards the city. Rick was sharing a horse with Eve while Jasmine got her own camel, they were gonna move back to America, in which, Jasmine had no say as her brother made it crystal clear that he's not gonna let her stay anywhere where Ardeth can find her. He wanted Ardeth out of her life for good. Which was not an option as they were more connected than they know and also not a problem as the curse will not let them be one. So it was a situation where Jasmine was not sure who was winning and who was not cause right now she was too distraught to even think of anything.

They travelled all day and night, her brother and Evie sharing a camel while she got her own camel, she was told to travel beside him as he didn't want her to do something that would cause problems for them.  As they continued on their way in the dark of night with only the light from the moon illuminating the barren desert. "Are you still mad at me? you haven't said a word since we left."

"No, I understand what you must have felt at the time but i do wish that you would think it over with a cool mind."

"He let you fight f-"

"He didn't, it was something i had to do."

"Do what?! Fight for your life?!"

"Actually.....

Jasmine walked Rick through what had actually happened that lead to such course of events. Leaving the bit where they discovered the curse was still present. Since Rick had yet to learn the whole truth, she preferred not to tell him in the middle of nowhere, maybe later on.  After getting a few drinks in him.

"So, it was not him who made you fight to see if you're worthy?"

"WHAT?! No!!" She exclaimed before lowering her voice.

"Huh."

"Seriously? huh? that's your replay?"

"Well, I lost my anger halfway through the desert. Since i was not talking to you, i had a lot of time to be alone with my thoughts through and well, um, cool down as well"

"Tell me, how long is that lover of yours gonna follow us"

Jasmine smiled, it took all her will not to turn and look back towards Ardeth who had been following them through the desert from a distance and replied.

"Till we reach a safe place."

"ha! Then he is in for a long night. Tell me how come you're not mad at me?"

"When have i ever been mad at you for long? I mean, i knew that you've been misled, so there was no point being angry at you for something that you reacted perfectly normal to"

"I didn't realise my baby sister grew up so much."

Jasmine smiled at her brother.

"I'm happy about Evie and you. You both are prefect for each other."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Just think about how cool it would be when you guys get married and have a kid. When they ask you how you met her, you can say, she saved your life. literally"

"Calm your horses, girly. A bit too far thinking don't you think?"

Jasmine pretended to think "Yeah, i think your right. I should have planned a couple of kids instead of one" She teased, laughing.

"ha ha ha, very funny" Rick said scarcastically

"But Jasmine?" Rick started seriously

"Yeah?"

"I was not kidding about you comming with  me."

"What?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n:- Thank you everyone.

Random fact:- 72 people choke on hot dog every year in US alone.

Random fact about me:- I have a weakness for stationary items, especially diaries, pen/pencil and art supplies.

Vote, Comment or Follow would be appreciated

Love,

Unwritten_Angel