Chapter~17

“Hello!”

The moment arnav uttered the universal word in a delicate way, the word travelled in light speed and reached the recipient. But the recipient is not in the same mood to take forward the discussion in a light way.

“Come and meet me at 6’ p.m at Greenyards cafe.” The voice ordered and was about to end the call when arnav interrupted hurriedly.

“Hey aakash… wait wait… I’m coming to office tomorrow. We can meet there itself.” Arnav added in haste hoping to deliver his message before Aakash would cut the call.

Luckily Aakash stayed on line and spoke in annoyance before ending the call “If you've an ounce of care towards your peaceful life then come and meet me. The choice is yours.”

Arnav frowned at the unusual seriousness in aakash voice and wondered about the possibilities. He took away the mobile from his ear and stares the blank screen with an uncanny expression when he felt a soft touch on his forehead. Khushi who has returned back taking few cookies, noticed his lost form. And the crease on his forehead detested her. Kept aside the tray, she supported herself on her toes and gently stroked the worry lines on his forehead.

“What happened?” She asked in whisper still soothing the lines.

Arnav came out of his musing and melts under her care “Huh… Nothing.”

“Are you sure? You seemed lost.” She asked not convinced by his reply.

“Who would not be okay having a pretty wife hovering over you sweetly expressing her concern!” He whispered tucking her loose tendrils behind her ear and took few in between his fingers to twirl and play with it.

“J...i...” She stuttered at the proximity, shifting her fingers to his shirt taking few in her tight grip.

He frowned hunching backward “Still Ji?”

She pursed his lips and lowered her head in shyness as she guessed what is coming on the way.

His lips formed a proud smirk seeing his effect on her. Urged by her reaction he nuzzled her cheeks “What happened?”

She nodded soundlessly in denial and wriggled on his hold and he chuckled at the way she's behaving. It’s not that he is caging her in his arms yet she's wiggling as if he imprisoned her.

“Stop tickling my wrong nerves.”

“Huh…” She snapped her head in confusion as her innocent brain failed to fathom the underlying meaning behind his words.

He gulped seeing her hazel eyes which carries a weird mix of curiosity, confusion, innocence with a tinge of naughtiness curled on some corner on the back. He took sharp breaths and let it fan on her cheeks.

“Call me Arnav.” He ordered huskily that has the power to sweep her off feet and make her do anything yet the deep rooted morals kept her grounded and stopped her from calling him out without respect.

She stumbled for words to escape from this situation “Ar..navji.. I..”

“I feel like an old man when you call me with that stupid suffix.” He muttered in annoyance, distancing himself from her.

“That you are arnavJI!” She giggled at his sulking form and flickered his nose at the given space before sprinting away from him like a butterfly.

“Excuse me!” He cried and chased her inside the four walls until he conveniently cage her under him.

“You’ve developed lots of guts meri bewiJI.” He stressed the last word pressing her under him at the same time.