Chapter~33

“You haven't revealed why you broke the mobile yet?” Arnav questioned leaning on the headrest.

Khushi crawled upwards and rested her head on his lap. Arnav fingers instantly found its way inside her scalp. While Khushi gripped his other hand against her chest and begun to narrate the incident that made her aggressive for the very first time in her life.

“You did the right thing Khushi. How dare he? I can't believe people of your own family could stoop so down to this level. And your father…” He fisted his fingers in anger but instantly changes his expression not wanting to upset her, “I can buy you any number of phones for your brave act.” He said proudly, nuzzling her head, inhaling her fruity fragrance.

“Haha… Arnavji you're inviting trouble for yourself.” She cackled at his offer.

“Naughty girl.” He pinched her cheeks feeling extremely happy to engage in a cute conversation with her.

“And I haven’t met your maasi yet. Her love for you seems genuine. Moreover, I’ll be happy to meet someone from your family who cares for my wife amidst of ungrateful people.” He added.

Khushi blinked her eyes in approval, “She’ll be happy to meet you.”

“Ok. Enough of your escapism. Study NOW.” Arnav dismissed their casual talks and tried to wake her from his lap.

She looked at him grumpily and twisted her lips, “You’re rude.”

“Yes, I am! Get up now.” He nudged her shoulders, urging her to get up. She grumpily lifted her head, “You’re dominating.”

“Yes, I am.” He uttered taking his laptop.

“You’re no more my old Arnavji.” She tried persuading him emotionally.

“You know what? You’re sounding like a school kid who's finding reasons to play at study time.”

“Arnavji…” She whined slapping his arm.

“See you’re proving it.” Arnav added.

Getting agitated by his strictness, she gritted her teeth and pinched his arm.

“Ouch…” He rubbed his arm where she pinched and said, “See again you’re proving it. Pinching the one who refrains your wishes. Only kids would do like this.”

“ARNAVJI…” She screamed in sheer anger. She couldn’t control her fury seeing him not complying to her wishes. It’s not that she’s careless with her studies like he thinks. She genuinely wants to spend time with him and he’s not giving her that.

“If you keep doing like this then I'm going to office Khushi.” Arnav threatened seriously which worked well with her.

She looked at him keenly gauging whether he’s saying the truth or simply playing with her. But the determination in his eyes which lacks what she has in her eyes now irritated her more. Only she’s desperate for his attention not him, “Ok fine, I'll study. Happy NOW?”

“VERY MUCH.” He gave extra pressure to his answer like she did while questioning.

Twisting her lips, she took her book and sat showing her back to him. Arnav looked at her with his scrutinizing gaze not believing her sudden change. He needs to be sure about her study and not oozing around. He knows she’s hell angry with him for his strictness. But he has to be strict. It’s hardly a month left for her exam and if he keeps dancing on her tunes, she’ll get distracted and ignore her studies for his attention. He wants to be her strength, not distraction.

“Stop being my headmaster.” She mumbled under her breath.

Arnav though heard her, he didn’t react knowing the conversation is not leading anywhere but only gulps the time. Getting a null response from him, Khushi has no option but oblige his order.