Chapter~18

"I've stronger memory Khushi." He breathed on her neck standing behind her on the kitchen.

"So?"

"So... I remember how you distracted me from the main topic."

Frown etched on her face, not getting the so called distraction from the main topic as he claimed. But soon shyness replaced the frown as she remembered how shamelessly she demanded him to took forward their relationship. Even though her statement was purely a tongue slip, she doesn't regret about that. She has a separate set of ideas about their life which she hasn't shared with him yet.

"You pictured me as an old man." He scoffed sensing her lost in thoughts.

She came out of her thoughts and mentally smacked herself for thinking on the same track. Quickly composing herself, she turned around and squinted her eyelashes innocently "That's true. You're oldy only."

"KHUSHI." He cried throwing angry stares at her.

"Haan... Haan... I am Khushi only. And please inform me before giving any type of stares. I'm getting confused na. And now tell me why are you narrowing your small eyes?" She asked with a deadpan expression, inwardly enjoying her new game of railing him up. She bit her inner cheeks seeing his perplexed form while dipping her hand to make the dough for evening samosa.

"Excuse me? Me... small eyes? I am glaring at you Khushi."

"Uffo... Best luck next time. See I'm not even getting a chortle arnavji." She whipped her head to left as her stubborn lips are stretching irrevocably.

"KHUSHI... I'LL KILL YOU." He cried again earning her uncontrollable giggles.

"You cannot even get angry with me. Killing me is a far away thing arnavji." She said in between her giggles.

Her vivacious laugh filled his heart with something which he never experienced before. He couldn't pinpoint what exactly make him feel content when she laughs every time. This time also he feels no less. If anyone asks him what's the end of a life, he can immediately mention this moment. Though a sort of pain clenching his heart at the corner, not wanting it to be the end of the life when a big piece of his life is still away from him.

'I'll sort everything arnavji. The day is not far when we'll be living with your parents. I promise you, soon you'll be seen complaining about our monotonous life of not having any problems.' She voicelessly vowed herself catching the pain on his eyes. She no longer gets astounded by her ability of reading him.

'You're absolutely right Khushi. I can never be angry with you.' He recited inwardly not knowing our emotions are pawn of the situations that one cannot hold the power of future. Neither we can predict what future beholds for us nor we can act according to our plan when destiny written contrary of what we've planned.

***

Aakash smiled brightly at Rihanna whose gaze has been fixed on the girl next to her.

"Hey what's up?" He chirped taking a place beside Rihanna who in turn glared him bestowing him with her current mood.

"Are we visible to you? I am surprised." She countered sarcastically.

"Hey It's not like that." Aakash raised his hands in surrender.

"I can very well see that. You've eyes for us only when arnav is on off."

Aakash was taken aback for a minute but he quickly composed himself "Is there any doubt? Ofcourse, I'm bored without him."

"Such a rude reply." She remarked averting her eyes.