||8.||

•||Ch8: Dinner with family||•

||Mishal POV||

I sat in the lawn and wrapped my shawl around me properly. The cold air was blowing but I was careless about cold because I was enjoying the cold morning. The sun was playing hide and seek but, nonetheless, it was providing sunlight.

I closed my eyes with a smile and listened my surroundings specially sparrows sound. I was so busy in listening the chirping of sparrows that I didn't hear Zayaan approaching me.

"What are you doing outside?" He asked me which made me open my eyes.

I turned and looked up at Zayaan. He was standing with a tray in his hands. The smell of food made my stomach growled but not loud enough.

"Enjoying weather!" I said looking in his eyes.

His eyes were still emotionless but it got soft a little. He was perfect in hiding his emotions from the world. He was like a mystery which I wanted to solve but I knew I would break apart if I ever tried.

One minute, he was soft and in the next minute, he was cold and heartless. I remembered the bed time stories which my mother told my brother every night about a heartless. Zayaan was just like it. The way he killed someone would give anyone a nightmare. I had seen him killing people without any mercy. But he didn't and never killed any innocent person that for sure.

"Eat your lunch properly," He said pulling me out of my thoughts and put tray in front of me on the table.

"Did Kamal come back?" I asked in excitement.

"No, he didn't!" He said in cold voice and his eyes also turned dark in anger.

I pressed my lips together and slouched my shoulder with a sigh and looked away. I silently finished the food while he sat on the chair to my right side.

I looked at him and was about to question him back about Kamal but he didn't let me as he took tray from my hands and walked away.

"Don't forget to take your medicines," He said, going inside the house.

I sighed at the name of medicines and went back inside the house. I went to Zayaan's room and saw him getting inside of the closet. I sat on the bed and took the tasteless medicines.

After five minutes later, I heard him muttering incoherent words in frustration from the closet. I frowned and walked to the closet and knocked on the door.

"What?" He asked in frustration from inside.

"Is everything fine?" I asked him in nervousness.

He opened the slide door and I looked at him wide eyes. He was standing in front of me with the button of his shirt opened. I quickly looked away from his well built body with blushing cheeks.