||15.||

•||Ch15: Hitching With Suspicion||•

||Mishal POV||

I opened my mouth and confessed him about my past,

“I was married before you!”

I looked at him in fear when he shifted uncomfortably. I heard him sigh and he turned to face me. There was something in his eyes with a little happiness but, nonetheless, he smiled at me softly.

“I know!” He whispered and moved his other hand and creased my cheek.

I looked at him in shocked and with open mouth and wide eyes. I slowly closed my mouth and nodded my head slowly. I didn't speak for few minutes and tried to digest it that he knew about it.

“How?” I asked him, slowly.

“I--,” He started but cut off when, out of sudden, his phone rang.

He quickly got and picked his phone from the nightstand. A frown formed on his forehead and he pressed his lips in a thin line while staring at the screen of ringing phone.

He quickly got up and walked to the balcony door. As the balcony door slid open, the gush of cold air entered in the room and hit me which made me shiver. He quickly closed the door behind him and answered the call.

I watched him through the glass door of balcony and frowned when I noticed him getting tensed as he spoke to whoever was on the call. I sighed and looked away from his tense self to the clock.

It's almost 10 pm.

I wanted to know how he knew about me and if he knew everything about me then it clicked me who he was and what one of his men meant when I went to his warehouse. If he knew me then he must knew the–

I clenched my hands in fists as I remembered of my past and everything that went through. I didn't know when the eyes started flowing through my eyes but I quickly wiped them.

I shifted my eyes back on the balcony when I heard the door slid open. Zayaan stepped in the room and quickly closed the door behind him. I observed his expressions carefully because there was barely any expression on his face. He vanished in the closet and came out with a jacket in his hand.

“Are you going somewhere?” I asked him, quickly before he walked out of the room.

He quickly turned to face me and gave me his small smile. He strode towards me and bend down to kiss on my forehead.

“I will be back soon and don't wait for me. And when I come back, I want you sleep not awake,” He said the first line in concern and softy and second line sternly and gently.

I nodded my head with a smile and watched him walking out of the room. I sighed sadly because again I had to sleep alone tonight. Our marriage was just based on verbally contract marriage where there was no love but now I doubt it because now I felt myself getting attached to him without knowing and I didn't know about my feelings for him.